Full-Time Restaurant Support Specialist
Restaurant Support Specialist – Customer Retention (Remote)
- Job Locations US-AZ-Scottsdale | US-TX-Houston | US-TX-Dallas | US-NV-Las Vegas
- Requisition ID2023-12747
- # of Openings 2
- Category Sales & Customer Success
**Please note the following: In this role, you will be expected to work an 8 hour shift between the operational hours of 6:00am to 8:00pm Pacific Time totaling 40 hours a week. The working days will be Sunday through Saturday.
Love to dine out? Passionate about the industry and helping restaurants succeed? Yelp Reservations and Yelp Waitlist are powerful tools for amazing dining experiences. Our reservation and waitlist platform reaches and engages diners with an unforgettable experience on the largest restaurant discovery platform on the planet. Whether you’re planning two weeks or 20 minutes in advance, our mission is to empower diners to browse and book a table at a restaurant they will love.
Fast-paced and growth minded: Yelp Restaurants is a true startup, so get ready to make an impact! You’ll help lots of businesses, learn very quickly, and contribute directly to our strategy. Restaurant Support Managers are committed to providing exceptional customer service with the goal of retaining and growing our client base – but, above all else, provide stellar customer service. You’ll efficiently manage and respond to a variety of questions and issues that may require troubleshooting, researching or collaborating with the team while you listen and reassure our clients.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes. This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll provide exceptional and timely inbound customer support via phone and email
- You’ll consult and educate our customers to provide value, resolve their business needs, and retain their business
- You’ll become an expert in the Yelp Restaurant SaaS product suite and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs – asking probing questions and finding solutions will be critical to your success
- You’ll help owners with their full suite of Yelp Restaurant tools to market their restaurant, efficiently manage their front of house, and drive diners.
- You’ll grow and learn in a fast-paced high-growth environment – there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your skillset and make an impact for our customers and our company
What it takes to succeed:
- Great communicator – Whether it’s on the phone, through email or via live chat, you excel at communicating with customers
- Positive – You strive to maintain a positive working space with both customers and peers
- Adaptable – You are adaptable and can think on your feet, when faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option
- Supportive – You don’t hesitate to lend a helping hand to other team members when possible
- Value Focused – Solid ability to handle challenging conversations and add value to business owners in a professional, solutions-oriented manner
- Willingness to Learn and Grow – You are open to feedback, adaptive and coachable; you embrace and thrive in a fast paced high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years of relevant client facing experience
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays between the hours of 6AM-8PM PST
- Experience in Saas, sales, client retention, support, or customer success is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Work from home reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation base salary is $52,000-$68,000 annually
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include Playing Well With Others and Authenticity.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.