Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about a role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a highly organized and imaginative Senior Writer to join our Content Studio team. This role will report into the Executive Producer of the Content Studio and will focus both on tech writing, to help strengthen the product experience, and content writing, to further develop and audit our growing content library.
This role will work closely with our Content Operations, Clinical team, UX Design and Research teams to develop and expand our content library, both in how it’s presented and organized, and in the creation of the content itself. The ideal candidate has experience writing in all forms, whether it’s a presentation for a course, a quick tip, or a video script.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Create original long-form and short-form written content within channel best practices
- Work with the Clinical, Design & Research teams to write clear, concise, and healthcare-informed content for product experiences across member, provider and client-facing product flows (including product names, labels and navigational elements, transactional emails, and notifications)
- Help to recruit and oversee a freelance team of writers that can help across all visual media formats (writers, editors, video producers, illustrators, animators) as needed per quarter
- Regularly work with various clinicians and subject matter experts within the Modern Health Network to ensure the content meets our clinical standards and practices
- Apply learnings to develop new formats while adapting and customizing existing content
- Help build content audit/revision operations based on internal, member and/or provider feedback
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative feedback to drive operational improvements and decisions
- Collaborate cross departmentally to improve content development, review, and approval processes and tracking
- Work across the organization to ensure that content is consistent and accurate across channels and within brand standards
- Advocate for inclusive and equitable content development practices and processes
Who You Are
- A hard worker who is highly curious in the developing field of mental health content
- 6+ years of experience writing digital content
- Experience writing in the field of mental health a big plus
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail with a track record of managing projects that pertain to multiple stakeholders (e.g. clients and providers)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong business judgment, and the desire to lead projects with high visibility
- Ability to create compelling original content informed by evidence-based clinical practice, while balancing things like word count, reading level, channel limitations, or other industry/client constraints
- Experience writing content that will be translated for languages around the world
- Experience managing many tasks and competing deadlines
- Work well with others and have strong relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Passionate about the mental health space and how localized experiences can reach more people and help create meaningful change in their lives
- Experience working with and for diverse audiences, especially around diversity in age, socioeconomic status, accessibility, and BIPOC populations
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health’s platform
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
You can find the relevant state base pay ranges and benefits information in the following resources:
- Colorado State Candidates
- California State Candidates
- New York State Candidates
- Washington State Candidates.