Remote Game Writer
We are looking for an experienced freelance writer to design and write in-game dialogue on our latest project.
- Work with the Creative Director to help establish the tone, voice, theme, and style of the game.
- Working with the wider design team to design the narrative and dialogue for the gameplay – both in-game and cut screen scenes around existing design frameworks.
- Define characters and NPCs, their back stories, personalities and tone.
- Verifying that the game’s narrative satisfies the gameplay’s requirements.
- Writing and revising all in-game dialogue and text.
- Revision of scripts as required.
- Previous experience working within the gaming industry, preferably on a published game.
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures.
- Strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines (VO, cinematics, audio etc.)
- Knowledge of narrative and scriptwriting tools (Final Draft, Inkle, Twine, etc.).
- Familiarity with scripting and/or programming tools.