Remote Content Strategist
Prismic is hiring a Remote Content Strategist to bring our content production to the next level.
We are building a tool for frontend developers to ship a custom website builder for their content team. Marketers can compose new pages for their site by mixing-and-matching website sections their developers have built for them.
Our developers have the freedom to choose their own stack to build these website sections and use our product alongside some pretty incredible technologies, including Next.js, Nuxt.js, Gatsby.js, and more.
We’ve been investing a lot of time and attention into our video content, interviewing people like Wes Bos, Guillermo Rauch (CEO of Vercel), Tim Neutkens (Maintainer of Next.js), Sebastien Chopin (creator of Nuxt.js), Matt Biilmann (CEO of Netlify), and the list goes on.
It’s now time for our written content to get more attention. We are looking for an Editor who’ll make our blog and site, in general, the place where developers can come to optimize everything from their careers to their tech stacks. It should be a place where developers expect to find new resources on a regular basis about a wide variety of topics, with clear and insightful reviews, and advice to help them get a better understanding of the tools that they use.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves both words and technology. This person will have the unique opportunity to shape the broader conversation about web development and the future of digital publishing.
To be successful in this role, you must have a technical mind and a passion for content strategy. You don’t need to know what CSS selector specificity is off the top of your head (for example), but you do need to be curious to find out and be able to edit an article on such technical topics for spelling, grammar, and flow.
The Blog Editor Will Be Responsible For
- Evolving and implementing a content strategy for the Prismic blog that includes SEO, social media, and metrics;
- Assisting with social media;
- Finding potential writers;
- Soliciting and commissioning articles for the Prismic blog from freelance writers;
- Helping Prismic team members from across the organization to contribute to the blog;
- Ensuring every piece of content published meets our standard of quality (free of grammar and spelling errors, well-written, helpful);
- Brainstorming ideas for the Prismic blog;
- Managing an editorial calendar;
- Occasionally writing and editing materials for other departments, such as marketing copy and job postings.
You’re Exactly What We Are Looking for if you…
- Are interested in web development and web publishing;
- Have experience with building effective social media and SEO strategies;
- Have experience editing content and managing writers;
- Are excited about owning a challenging project and leading it to measurable success;
- Can describe systems you would use for management — whether that’s kanban, spreadsheets, Gantt, or something else;
- Can describe metrics of publishing success and how to track them;
- Have opinions about spelling and grammar;
- Have ideas about how to convey the tone and voice of a brand.
- Are excited to join a collaborative team of problem-solvers.
And What About The Job Details?
Although our headquarters are in Paris, this position is open to fully remote work. So as long as you’ve got a good internet connection, we don’t care where you are. Whether you work from our main office in Paris, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot – particularly, through pairing and collaborating – and we want you to succeed!
Do you want to relocate to Paris? That’s great. We’re always happy to have someone new in the office, but there is no preferential treatment for candidates based on their location.
That being said, where you are based may change the offer and benefits that we can provide. We’d love to be able to give you an exhaustive list of everything that we can offer, but it’s difficult until we know where you are.
Our employees in Paris benefit from healthcare, extensive paid time off, paid lunches, travel reimbursement, and a bunch of other stuff.
A key aspect of Prismic is the culture that we have developed. We have regular team gatherings, all-hands meetings where every team member can discuss any topic, and we tackle challenging problems in a collaborative way where every person’s views have value. So, no matter where you are, we will want to make you a part of that culture. You might not be able to make every team building, but we will make sure that you feel welcomed and part of a company where you can thrive and grow.
Get In Touch
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway! Prismic is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, citizenship, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview (i.e. accommodate a disability) please do let us know.
With Your Application, Please Include
A thoughtful cover letter/short paragraph explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you want to work at Prismic. A resume or a short summary of your job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine) When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.