Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote; Part-Time
Jaffe Management, a 45 person association management firm is looking for a bookkeeper for 15 hours a week.
We are looking for people who are available for 15 hours during a regular Monday to Friday schedule. Perhaps three days a week for 5 hours a day.
Please respond with a short cover note, your hourly rate, and your availability, along with a resume.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel and QuickBooks software system; also familiarity with and facility for database programs
- Strong mathematical skills and enjoys working with numbers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough work habits with attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- Bookkeeper Certification recommended, not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years bookkeeping experience required.
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience in nonprofit organizations/501(c)(3) or (c)(6) preferred but not required
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Maintain general ledger including journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Manage and process accounts payable.
- Manage and process accounts receivable through utilization of the Prevail database
- Manage month end closings and prepare monthly financial reports
- Provide data in the development process of the annual budgets
- Assist in monitoring budget on a monthly basis by providing variance reports.
- Develop and maintain financial and bookkeeping manuals.
- Assist in annual audit.
- Make weekly deposits.
- Process conference attendee and exhibitor registration fees
- Maintain exhibitor payment spreadsheet ensure membership status is appropriate and payment accurate.
- Assist with phone answering
- Other duties as defined by the Executive Director
Location: US Locations Only