Title: Recruiting Coordinator
Location: New York or Remote
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed Media Enterprises is looking for a dynamic and good-humored human to join the Recruiting team as a coordinator. You’ll touch on multiple aspects of the recruiting experience from candidate scheduling and coordination, new hire orientation to employment branding, and more. We’re looking for someone to hold it down during the busiest of times with a smile and to share great ideas.
This is a full-time staff remote position that will report to our Head of Talent Acquisition.
The Recruiting Team is a busy group supporting an average of 100+ roles at any given time. We’re split between NYC and LA and support hiring across all areas of the business, including our international locations. And as part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed Inc., we work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
- Handle and prioritize a range of advanced administrative duties with wide latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
- Schedule a high volume of phone screens, video interviews, and interview debriefs
- Prepare hiring paperwork; support offer letter and new hire paperwork creation and organization.
- Provide support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others.
- Post and manage requisitions in our ATS; Greenhouse
- Coordinate candidate travel and manage reimbursement programs as needed
- Assists with identifying issues affecting recruitment and implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process.
- Represent and promote organization to potential applicants by providing information, responding to questions, and collecting applicant data.
- Posting job openings on media and social media outlets
- 1+ years experience working in a recruiting coordinator role
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal
- Abiitly to multitask, prioritize and complete projects within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team; team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Google Apps, especially Calendar and Drive;
- Understanding and experience with HR Tools such as ATS and HRIS
- Previous experience with an applicant tracking system (we use Greenhouse);
- A steadiness that helps you manage changing priorities
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.