Full-Time Quality Assurance Director
Director, Quality Assurance
Salary: $Competitive + excellent benefits (bonus, pension, healthcare, life cover etc.)
Location: US – Remote
About the role
Fishawack’s QA Director is a hands-on technical leader who defines QA strategy and approach for all the agency’s work while securing our customers’ expectations and the highest quality results possible. They are proactive, motivated, and detail-oriented with a focus on people, process, and the technology necessary to consistently achieve expected results.
The QA Director is responsible for identifying opportunities to increase quality and reliability while mitigating risk throughout the agency not limited to tech. The role provides expertise throughout the entire project lifecycle with a strong sense of ownership over results while ensuring quality is baked in from the start. They will increasingly broaden the scope and maximize effectiveness of the quality assurance function through modernization, standardization, creating awareness and collaborating cross-functionally.
About Fishawack Health
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialization partner for the modern life science era. Established in 2001 and headquartered in the UK, the organization is powered by a 1,300+ globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts. We empower healthcare professionals and patients with the knowledge they need to live better lives.
Our core operating unitsMedical, Marketing, Market Access, and Consultingbring together best-in-class capabilities from around the world. We empower our pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical technology clients to navigate the most complex of ecosystems, helping them on an effective path to develop, launch, and grow their brands, services, and portfolios.
What you’ll do
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework
- Creates and executes test plans, clearly documents defects and verifies fixes for all tactics across various digital channels
- Consultative approach able to identify and mitigate risks before they become issues as far upstream as possible while providing solution-oriented recommendations
- Ensure effective coordination of investigations, root cause analysis, risk assessments and implementation of change control, and corrective and preventive actions to the adhered timelines as appropriate
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of QA professionals to achieve their highest potential.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality consciousness, and innovation within the QA team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment on quality objectives and standards and meet delivery commitments
- Practice strong leadership skills with experience implementing and shaping the agency’s QA processes and strategies while being an emphatic advocate for quality throughout
- Work with Account and Project Delivery to inform, scope, estimate, monitor and guide work to completion on time, within budget and of quality
- Provide expertise in test automation, methodologies, processes, tools and techniques as they apply to all functions to maximize quality, reliability and effectiveness
- Routinely monitor our systems for defects and own incident reports for client-facing defects along with identifying and mitigating the root cause
- 12+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance professional for various technology deliverables
- 7+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance leader overseeing complex activities or processes
- In-depth knowledge of data management, website testing, CRM systems, and media operations quality
- Experience with automation frameworks, continuous integration platforms, test management tools, and/or other QA services
- MS SQL Server experience and strong SQL skills, T-SQL preferred
- Experience with building and executing complex, manual test plans
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle from inception to deployment
- Has advanced the careers of direct reports through highly effective coaching and mentorship
- Experience creating, analysing and publishing quality metrics and measure across teams to communicate release quality and deliver status updates to leadership
- Excellent communication skills and extreme detail orientation
- Proactive, detail-oriented problem solver with strong organization skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and clients
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual, and automated, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience taking a QA team from manual to automated testing
- Experience leveraging continuous integration methods
- Experience in software development, email operations or ETL programming
- Experience at a marketing agency in a regulated industry
- Experience ensuring systems, process and technologies remain compliant
What we can offer
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure, where you will be able to develop and tailor your career towards your preferred route. Our Fuel50 talent experience platform will enable you to pick and map a career journey across the organisation, providing you with the option to progress within different areas of your team or beyond. Our Pack Academy provides a broad range of training delivered live and on-demand, which supplements on-the-job training and project team-led initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance, various employee wellbeing initiatives, plus many other excellent employee benefits.