Full-Time QA Specialist
Allow us to introduce ourselves
Ancient Gaming, an innovative software creator for the future of iGaming, bucks the trend that has lacked innovation for two decades. We’re not trend followers; we’re trendsetters. As iGaming pioneers, we challenge the status quo, crafting not just appealing software but a whole new experience for the younger, high-spending generation seeking to reinvent gaming interactions.
Founded in 2018 in Malta, we’ve become a global presence with 50+ dedicated team members spanning 25+ countries. And yes, we’re proudly remote-first!
Your mission as a QA Specialist!
As a vital member of our team, you’ll meticulously test and assess games, identifying issues and ensuring flawless gameplay. Your expertise will drive the refinement of player experiences and contribute to our commitment to excellence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, provide thorough documentation on and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Regular regression testing on the production environment to identify unreported bugs or areas for general quality improvement.
- Liaise with customer support team and directly with customers via community chat portals to review and onboard valuable customer feedback.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
- CSGORoll: A community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGO players, featuring unique in-house custom-built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing, and PVP. Users have the capability to bet and win Skins in real time.
- HypeDrop: A platform for buying and opening Mystery Boxes in real-time, featuring an unboxing game where people can unbox real-life products and have them shipped to their houses.
- HypeUp: An iGaming brand where users can wager their balance or items from their “Inventory” against other people’s items, such as watches, electronics, sneakers, and more, and can physically redeem their contents upon withdrawal.
- These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar QA role.
- Demonstrated experience in API testing using tools like GraphQL, Postman, and SoapUI, and creating custom scripts for API testing.
- Experience with SQL databases, including writing complex queries and understanding database schema design.
- Good knowledge of Git.
- Proven experience using issue-tracking platforms like Jira.
- Experience with agile methodology.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Manual end-to-end testing, and Regression testing.
It will be good if you have:
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter, LoadRunner, or similar to ensure backend scalability and reliability.
- Experience with server-side rendering frameworks.
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience with security testing.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility Policy It’s about giving you the freedom to structure your workday in a way that best suits your lifestyle and responsibilities outside of work
- Work-from-anywhere Policy you have the chance to work from anywhere in the world, we are a remote-first company and we are proud of it!
- Every year for our team-building we choose a location and go there to celebrate our achievements together
- A dedicated budget to purchase all the equipment you need to set up your home office
- L&D budget for you to develop your skills!
- Spill Mental Health Service full access to counselling for any employees who need it
- Young, fun, flat structured rapidly growing company with endless opportunities to grow
- A diverse portfolio that includes gamified e-commerce, video game arcade and iGaming
- Entirely modern stack, no legacy code!
This post not only outlines our ideal candidate but also serves as an inspiration for what this role can evolve into. Even if you consider yourself an 80% fit but have a genuine passion for this position, we encourage you to apply. We’re eager to hear from individuals who share our enthusiasm.
Ancient Gaming is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.