GAMES DEVELOPMENT – UNANNOUNCED GAME
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex has begun exciting new projects that leverage our legendary RuneScape IP in creative ways. We are expanding a project team with expertise in the latest technologies, focused around Unreal Engine 5, to create a highly-skilled, player-focused development group that you could join. A core team based in Cambridge, augmented by members distributed globally, form a friendly, talented bunch keen to invite new members.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development to help us fulfil our vision for a deep, community-driven, connected, multi-platform Open World Survival Craft experience, set in the RuneScape universe.
As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for the quality output of a Product by ensuring the test strategy agreed at the studio level is being carried out. You will supervise the execution of the testing process and in some situations, directly line manage QA staff working within the department. With an excellent working knowledge of the production pipeline, testing and live products, you will be expected to support the wider QA effort within your area of expertise.
Key Duties Include:
- Develop, and guide the testing strategy on assigned products e.g. ensure we are covering non-functional testing as much as functional.
- Embed yourself within the leadership groups of assigned products, advocate for quality.
- Digest technical requirements and comprehensively add knowledge gained to refine test plans from your team.
- Work seamlessly with development teams to track issues and assist in the remedy of defects.
- Look at wider industry trends and best practice to leverage new ideas into our test strategy.
- Develop the defect reporting standards the team will utilize. Allow the team to report in a concise and informative manner that reduces back and forth between QA and developers.
- Effectively prioritizes workload and considers the best tool for the job.
- Create and maintain appropriate QA processes to facilitate work on assigned products
- Work alongside development teams in sprints ensuring new content and system integrations are tested thoroughly
- Hold development team to account for keeping to the agreed deliverable schedule
- Remains vigilant of issues in database and encourages appropriate action on tasks and bugs, as well as providing up-to-date issue status, when needed
- Ensure all test requirements are executed on time and to an excellent standard, including the upstream requirements that QA depend upon.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining QA metrics that measure team performance, risks, process adaption, and defect trends, among others.
- Manages the outsource QA function, as and when required, ensuring high-quality levels are adhered to.
- If required directly line manage and support the team; mentor, inspire and help develop their skills.
- Provide a peer review function for members of the QA team, giving actionable feedback.
- Active participation in the recruitment process for QA staff.
- Previous experience as a QA Lead, preferably in an embedded environment.
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology e.g, version control, regression, integration, versions.
- Proven experience of working in all phases of QA and project lifecycle.
- Experienced with agile methodologies and has worked first-hand in a sprint framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Excellent JIRA knowledge including dashboards and custom filters. JIRA admin experience a big plus.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills and the ability to act decisively under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic with a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to bring a team together that shares a mission and vision.
- Excellent personal management skills, set goals, get people to achieve and progress in the discipline. Not averse to giving critical feedback.
- Has experience working within LIVE projects.
- ISTQB series, ITIL, management or similar certifications/ training.
- You have previous test experience on MMO’s, sandbox, or ARPGs.
- – Flexible Working
- – Bonus Scheme
- – Private Health Care
- – Gym Membership
- – Generous Pension Contributions
- – Life Insurance
- – Free Cycle Repair
- – Income Protection
- – Dental Plan
- – Free Fruit and Drinks
- – Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!