Full-Time QA Engineer ($85K to $106k)
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
As a QA Automation Engineer within MetaMask Curated Experiences you will be joining a QA team and enabling and empowering cross-functional product teams in developing & releasing advanced features and user experiences at a high-quality standard across our three MetaMask wallet platforms:
- Our MetaMask browser extension
- Our React Native MetaMask Mobile app (available on both iOS and Android)
- Our Portfolio Dapp platform
- All rely on multiple services from our backend API platform.
Your job will be to improve quality standards and practices, support teams with best-in-class QA automation tooling and frameworks, as well as contribute to e2e tests and other testing as needed. You will collaborate with other QA Automation engineers, taking initiative and driving progress toward our QA practices and automation tooling North Star.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
We are looking for an experienced QA to join the Quality Assurance engineering team:
- Applying world-class QA best practices to the development processes and technical stacks
- Create and maintain detailed automated test cases
- Oversee and manage multiple projects at a time
- Estimate, prioritize, and plan testing activities
- Leveraging the team and developers to implement end-to-end testing
- Review requirements and provide knowledgeable feedback to ensure they are thorough and detailed
- Keep thorough documentation of all aspects of a project, including but not limited to:
- Deployment communication
- Detailed bug tickets
- Comprehensive manual and automated test cases
- Actively participate in project development meetings such as backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Ensure all major software releases meet a high-quality standard
- Good communication skills and comfortable working in a multicultural environment
- Hands-on QA automation engineering skills and mindset
- 3+ years experience as a QA Automation Engineer
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g., GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI, or CircleCI)
- Experience with containerized applications and deployment
- Experience working with automation framework tools such as Playwright, Cucumber, Cypress, WebDriverIO
- Experience in both backend and frontend testing strategies
- Experience with mobile testing tools such as Appium, Detox, BrowserStack
- Experience as a developer/familiarity in one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure
- Ability to operate in a decentralized team and remote working environment
- Strong documentation practices
Bonus points for
- Experience with testing automation of web browser extensions
- Experience building QA and CI/CD tooling and configuration set-up that can scale across multiple products and deployments with high standardization & maintainability
- Experience or understanding of Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
Other skills to demonstrate
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication, and organization.
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$85,000-$106,000]
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.
US pay range (not including bonus, equity or other benefits)