Full-Time QA Analyst
QA Analyst (US Remote)
Technology · Austin, Texas
Swyfft Holdings, LLC, consists of Swyfft, LLC and Core Programs, LLC. Both are fast-growing, tech enabled MGA’s that are disrupting the traditional insurance industry by re-imagining how you price and bind home insurance and commercial package products. From lightning-fast quotes to hassle-free claims servicing, Swyfft Holdings, LLC leverages big data to provide the very best customer service experience in the industry. We’re growing, we’re expanding and we’re looking for experienced folks like you to join our team!
About the Role:
Swyfft’s Technology Team is growing! We are actively hunting for an experienced QA tester to add to our already amazing team. We rely heavily on automated tests, but as you know those can only get you so far. We need someone with previous insurance industry experience who can dive right in and help us manage complex multi-system integrated testing scenarios.
*This position is a 100% remote U.S. based opportunity. Some travel for team meetings and training may be required.
Key Responsibilities: (What you’ll be asked to do)
- Effectively learn and understand our underlying technology to predict and prevent where things are likely to break.
- Troubleshoot system problems (in test and production) to highlight the root causes of failures and to focus dev effort efficiently.
- Execute test plans efficiently and perform ad-hoc testing as needed.
- Perform your own data validation and analysis using SQL.
- Work independently or alongside other team members from spec docs to create targeted test plans that exhibit the intersection of business needs and likely tech failures.
The Successful Candidate: (what we’re looking for)
- You have previous experience working in the insurance space (Ideally a small to mid-sized homeowners or commercial insurance carriers).
- You understand complex insurance processes enough to know what we need before we even ask for it.
- Understand insurance-related technical jargon/lingo well enough to communicate with the developers who are still playing D&D in their parent’s basement every Wednesday night.
- Deadlines don’t phase you, you’ve already finished the project three days early and can start working on something else.
- You are an analytical problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced, very collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Oh, and you have to be a reasonably nice person. Life is too short: we want to work with people we like.
- Must have 2+ years in the property and casualty insurance space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or relevant experience required.
- 3+ years performing testing or other similar tech-related work.
- 2+ years SQL or similar scripting experience.
- Coding and troubleshooting experience with our tech stack (.NET/C#/SQL Server).
- Reliable high-speed internet connectivity required.
- Designated quiet work from home space.
We Have a Great Benefits Package!
- 20 days of PTO annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short- and Long-Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Life & AD&D (Company Paid)
- Healthcare, Dependent Care and Transit FSA
- 401K with a generous matching contribution and no vesting schedule
It is the policy of Swyfft to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Mid-level
44 total views, 1 today