SecureSpace Self Storage is looking for a fully remote PR/Content Writer responsible for standardizing and enhancing content and PR creation for all SecureSpace locations. This includes assisting the marketing team with page creation and upper management in creating PR news pieces.
Content projects include crafting messages for sales-based marketing strategies, including newsletters, blog posts, travel guides, itineraries, and podcast hosting. Public relations projects can include press releases, pitches, crisis communications, and relationship building with the media. This position works closely with Leadership to strategize, organize, and execute those plans to meet clients’ needs.
Public Relations Job Responsibilities
- Identify and develop PR and content strategies for SecureSpace.
- Coordinate with business managers to ensure needs are met
- Draft and edit press releases, pitches, and other public information for media relations
- Develop and maintain media lists
- Communicate and converse with media members
- Write content for print, online and traditional media marketing materials (i.e., blog posts, brochures, newsletters, emails, radio scripts, etc.)
- Creatively develop story ideas for media pitches.
- Compile and present media coverage, industry trends, and department work
- Responds to requests for information from the media
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with consumers, community, employees, and public interest groups
- Writes press releases and prepares information for the media to promote facilities and business deals
- Compiles style guides and best practices documentation for internal team
- Plans or directs the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments
- Coaches internal team in effective communication with the public
- Analyzes the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote offerings, ideas, and services
- Maintains the organization’s image and identity
- Drafts speeches and schedules interviews as needed
- Prepares and edits organizational materials, including employee newsletters and other publications for internal and external audiences
- Updates and maintains the organization’s digital content
- Collaborates with managers to identify trends and evaluate advertising to determine whether it is in sync with the organization’s public relations efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Pay Rate: $25/hour
SecureSpace/InSite provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
SecureSpace/InSite complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources, SecureSpace.
Public Relations Qualifications / Skills:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of consumer marketing
- 1-2 years experience minimum with tools like Meltwater/Cision (a must-have)
- Experience using project management tools like Wrike, Basecamp, or Trello.
- Ability to make media pitches
- Knows how to own a project and drive what’s needed for execution
- Creative thinking within the context of topic writing for target audiences
- Demonstrate robust research ability to learn and master new topics
- Demonstrate an Inquisitive work ethic as to how and why the work is produced and offer suggestions for improving a process or meeting a goal.
- Reporting skills demonstrate you know what KPIs to follow and how to tell a story with data results.
- Super hyper-focused attention to details
- Social media savvy knows how to write a google my business, Facebook, or blog post and is aware of the best practices.
- Experience researching, drafting, and writing final articles or content for websites
- Coordinating, creating, and executing PR pieces
- Experience providing recommendations in content syndication for target audiences
- Experience working with designer/SEO manager for content implementation
Education and Experience Requirements
BA in public relations, journalism, communications, English, marketing, or related field.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance