Full-Time Proposal Writer
They ensure that the proposal response is compliant, compelling, and completed on schedule. The Proposal Manager works with the team to ensure that the opportunity strategies, solutions, themes, and discriminators are woven into the proposal response. Must have experience in writing and leading Federal Government requests for proposals. This role is 100% remote. The individual must be located in the Florida, Alabama, D.C., Maryland, or Virginia area.
Proposal Process and Management
- Lead proposal efforts and takes overall responsibility for managing the proposal process
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering, and formatting information, and obtaining approvals
- Contributes to technical proposals focused on translating findings from research into compelling materials
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases
- Reviews the proposal with project managers and subject matter experts
Proposal Writing and Editing
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts, including technical, management and staffing, past performance sections, executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials
- Editing proposals and executing color team reviews
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in federal government proposal management
- Associates degree or equivalent professional experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Experience using the Shipley proposal and capture processes preferred
- Experience with CRMs and Project Management tools such as Microsoft Planner and Monday.com preferred
- Top-tier medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching and profit-sharing
- Paid time off and Federal Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for professional training
Red Carrot is an award-winning, woman-owned small business that is growing rapidly in the federal government space. Our team is fueled by passion, backed by intelligence, and built on expertise. From our inception, we have leveraged industrial engineering principles and data analytics to craft highly efficient solutions for clients’ complex needs. As we have grown, we remain focused on research-centric, data-informed, and audience-oriented, while expanding our range of expert capabilities.
Headquartered in Miami, Florida, we have a strong and continually growing presence in Washington, D.C., as well as team members and clients all over the country. We understand the importance of overcoming geographic limitations to provide the best, all-encompassing service to our clients. Red Carrot builds client capacity by implementing Strategic Communications, Customer Experience, Management Consulting, and Human Capital Solutions on behalf of our clients.