Proposal Writer, Pharmacy Benefit Solutions
Remote – Alabama
Remote – Maryland
Remote – Maine
Remote – Louisiana
Remote – Kentucky
Remote – Kansas
Remote – Iowa
Remote – Indiana
Remote – Oregon
Remote – Wyoming
Remote – Wisconsin
Remote – New Hampshire
Remote – Nevada
Remote – West Virginia
Remote – Nebraska
Remote – Washington
Remote – Montana
Remote – Virginia
Remote – Missouri
Remote – Vermont
Remote – Mississippi
Remote – Utah
Remote – Texas
Remote – Minnesota
Remote – Michigan
Remote – Ohio
Remote – Tennessee
Remote – Massachusetts
Remote – South Dakota
Remote – North Dakota
Remote – South Carolina
Remote – North Carolina
Remote – Rhode Island
Remote – New York
Remote – Pennsylvania
Remote – New Mexico
Remote – New Jersey
Remote – Idaho
Remote – Georgia
Remote – Florida
Remote – Delaware
Remote – DC
Remote – Connecticut
Remote – Oklahoma
Remote – California
Remote – Arkansas
Remote – Arizona
Job Requisition Id: R26733
Proposal Writer, Pharmacy Benefit Solutions
Overview of Position
The Proposal Writer is responsible for managing the procurement response process, writing, and editing RFP and RFI responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Quote (RFQ), Requests for Bid (RFB), and unsolicited proposals for assigned solution areas.
Location: Remote/Telecommuter position but will work from the Eastern Time Zone.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Create and manage the RFP schedule for deliverables (milestone table) & upkeep throughout the process including action items and risk mitigation
- Schedule and manage appropriate calls, kickoff, daily standups, strategy call, requirements. To include but not limited to; stakeholder management, flow of call, control of the call’s agenda, pivot discussion as appropriate to the conversation and goal of the meeting
- Educate SMEs on RFP documentation line-up and utilization
- Proposal Team Quality Assurance checks and feedback through the RFP lifecycle
- Mentor and train new Proposal Writers through the onboarding and learning process
- Takes ownership of follow-ups and follow-throughs within the RFP process
- Track and manage current events within each RFP to ensure appropriate follow-up on any open risks, actions or process corrections
- Validate SME assignment categories are accurate for current book of work
- Takes ownership of follow-ups and follow-throughs within the RFP team
- Escalate risks appropriately, timely, and to the appropriate audience
Lead Meetings with Pharmacy Benefit Solutions (PBS) RFP Stakeholders
- Utilizing the standard agenda templates per call topic, schedule, lead and manage calls toward meeting output goals and information sharing with SMEs
- Share appropriate and correct information with RFP SMEs to provide RFP education and understanding through all required meetings
- Lead all calls (roadblocks and risks, current events RFP dashboard, next milestone reminder date)
- Manage appropriate stakeholder communications
Manage the active RFP’s within RFPIO
- Track response % to assigned requirements
- Review assigned requirements for ownership and reassignment, giving accurate feedback prior to the Proposal team sending the Shredded documents to SMEs
- Review, select library response, or write response
- Compile progress report(s) for all RFPs and report to Manager on an agreed upon timeframe
- Follow-up on open activity
- Maintain records of all proposals
- Creates and manipulates graphics, such as workflows, PHI redaction, Org. Charts, and screen captures
- Validate all questions are answered
- Edit wording and grammar to align with the established “voice” of the proposal
- Gather and store feedback on proposals to help improve the proposal content and process
- Identify and rewrite negative wording within the documentation
- Complete the assembly of final draft (obtain approvals and submit completed proposal to the requester)
- Makes formatting and general grammar edits to a variety of templates, operational procedures, and manuals for a wide range of uses while maintaining corporate and business standards
- Utilize approved Document and Graphic Management Software to revise or create documents
- Work with SMEs to establish accurate verbiage of RFP
- Structure document order and refine content expressions to provide professional and logical document content phrasing.
- Identify trending across documentation
- Use a standard practice to ensure documentation is mirrored across the enterprise
- Identify PHI and appropriately redact sensitive information
- Build a professional tone across different templates
- Appropriately following the Proposal editing protocols according to SOPs
- Use white space appropriately
- Ensure all library responses are written in the same voice
- Ensure outdated library data is removed
- Ensure all library responses have the appropriate tag
- Moderate edited library content timely and accurately
Quality Reviews and Reporting
- Complete all quality checks throughout the RFP lifecycle and document actionable feedback
- Complete a Quality Report for all checkpoints of all RFP’s and summarize feedback within 48 hours of the checkpoint date
- Conduct Gap Analysis’s for process corrections
- Support the process correction activity for feedback from Lessons learned activities
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 10 + years of proposal writing experience
- Expert writing, editing, and interviewing skills
- In depth knowledge of proposal/project/management responsibility and follow through with objectives to meet all crucial deadlines
- Ability to hold team members accountable to the deadlines of the proposal process
- Ability to manage and meet/handle multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver quality through a high-pressure process
- Expert level oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in MS Office/Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in English, Philosophy, History, or Communications Preferred; or 10+ years of equivalent combination of education and experience the Healthcare industry or Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume Proposal Center environment is a plus
- Visio and MS Project experience is a plus
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
- This position may require up to 25% overnight travel. Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Careers Transforming the Healthcare System
Who is Change Healthcare? We are a leading technology company inspiring a better healthcare system. Through innovative technology solutions like cutting-edge cloud technology, artificial intelligence, and data insights, we drive better patient outcomes, reduce costs, and create value for our partners.
Positive Impact and Shared Purpose. Through visionary leadership and a culture of collaboration, we share a common purpose to positively impact our communities by creating a stronger, better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system.
Employee Experience, Cultural Values, and Total Rewards. We celebrate diversity and earn trust with our employees by promoting innovation at every level within the organization. Our teams are agile, and their work is fast paced and engaging. We’re committed to providing competitive compensation that rewards and recognizes performance, offer well-being programs that empower your overall health, and provide learning and development opportunities to accelerate your professional growth.
Find Your Path. Whether you’re ready to make an impact in technology and product innovation or support our mission to inspire a better healthcare system in a variety of career areas, find your path and accelerate your career. What are you waiting for?