LightFeather is currently seeking an organized, proactive, seasoned Proposal Manager/Writer to join our team. The successful candidate will determine proposal concepts, gather proposal information and develop proposal content. Your writing skills must follow American Standards for effective writing, in addition to being capable of writing great technical content both eloquently and persuasively.
You should have strong communication skills as you will work with various people throughout the proposal process. You must be able to multitask and meet deadlines in the event that you might need to write and manage multiple proposals at once. You must be extremely flexible to the unpredictable nature of the RFP processes and timing. Candidates should have an understanding of the Federal market and government proposals.
US Citizenship is Required.
This Work is Remote.
- Study requests for proposals (RFPs, RFIs, etc.), attend strategy meetings and speak with subject matter experts.
- Develop and manage the company Bid and Proposal pipeline of opportunities.
- Engage with current and prospective customers to help shape opportunities and sell our services and capabilities.
- Write, review, manage and edit proposals and proposal content. Complete proposal submissions and review for compliance and accuracy against the RFP/RFQs.
- Identify sources of information and interview subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand their areas of expertise and develop proposal concepts that clearly communicate their knowledge.
- Assemble information and create solutions/outcomes/benefits outlines and write compelling text with win themes and differentiators.
- Organize and prepare information and data to write a variety of technical proposals for a Federal Government audience requiring in-depth knowledge and understanding of information technology (IT) management consulting services.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing review and approval, coordinating requirements with contributors and contributing proposal status information during review meetings.
- Write, revise and edit drafts of Federal Government proposal responses (including executive summaries and technical, management, past performance, resume and pricing sections), white papers, responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and marketing materials.
- Maintain quality results by using templates, following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency and tone, and maintaining proposal support databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field.
- Prior experience in a management or leadership role.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of technical proposal writing and management experience in response to Federal Government RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Experience writing technical proposals for software development processes, IT operations, cloud, etc.
- Understanding of win themes, proposal concepts and the business development lifecycle.
- Experience writing management and staffing proposal volumes.
- Experience generating content for new business development materials.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and a client-first mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent research skills.
- Team player.
How to Apply