5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Bldg D Ste 800, Atlanta, GA 30328
Location: Remote, Any Time Zone, Day hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The role and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The Communications Proofreader Contractor will be responsible for supporting Consultants and Graphic Designers in key initiatives within EPIC’s national Communications and Engagement (C&E) practice. This position requires excellent proofreading and writing skills. This person will be skilled at reviewing and editing content that engages and informs our clients’ employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all content is reviewed and edited to the highest standards, optimized for the channel of distribution and will provide a great user experience;
- Proofread materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency and brand voice
- Support Graphic Designers by making minor updates to designs as needed;
Personal AND Organizational Development Responsibilities:
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self and support team to ensure all goals are met;
- Interact with others effectively using strong, clear communication skills, cooperating purposefully.
- Strong editing background. Knowledge of employee benefits programs a plus.;
- Ability to partner with others to deliver project objectives;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe programs to include Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Acrobat;
- Experience utilizing design programs, particularly InDesign a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, assigning priority and time management abilities;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational training or business experience (Communication, Journalism, or English preferred);
- 2-3 years copywriting, editing, project management and design/formatting experience;
- Experience in employee benefits/HR communications a plus
The national average salary for this role is $40/hr to $50/hr in base pay and exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined based on your experience, skills, training, certifications and education, while also considering internal equity and market data.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted ” Best Place to Work” in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
64 total views, 1 today