StoryTerrace is a fast growing, London headquartered consumer-tech scale-up with 50+ employees and a pool of over 600 vetted freelancers in Europe and the United States. Our vision is to create a world in which every life story is captured in a meaningful way.
Our core service – to turn a life story into a book using our proprietary technology platform and a global network of ghostwriters – is growing over 100% YoY. We are the leader in this emerging new product category.
We are looking for an exceptionally organised and highly literate Project Editor, based in the UK, with great customer service skills to join our friendly team. The right candidate will become an integral part of the editorial team and will see their own projects through from sale to finished book. They will also liaise with clients, writers, designers, printers, and other suppliers daily.
As Our Project Editor, You Will
- Live and breathe the StoryTerrace mission to make professional life stories accessible to everyone!
- Be a kick ass project manager, efficiently overseeing 80-90 books and consistently delighting customers
- Have daily contact with clients, acting as the first point of contact for projects, providing customer service, hand holding them through our process and resolving issues across your portfolio
- Holding customers and writers accountable for our agreed processes and timelines!
- Manage the end to end production process all the way from introductory call, writer sourcing, interview oversight, book outline and sample development, draft writing , upgrading, book design and printing, through a variety of different software platforms!
- Manage a diverse team of writers or proofreaders to deliver engaging, quality writing and beautifully crafted life stories.
- Up to 4 years’ experience in an editorial/production role
- A customer service rockstar with kick ass project management skills
- Proven editorial skills and a keen passion for storytelling
- Business experience is a bonus
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team across your own projects and the wider sales team
- Some mental resilience – not all our stories are happy ones, typically 20% of our projects involve people overcoming some variety of trauma in their lives! You will need to be assertive, enthusiastic and empathetic all at once!
- An interest in working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment with the ability to take initiative and produce results
- Infinite learner mindset, tenacious and persistent
- Total comfort with technology and ability to use Gmail, Word and Excel. InDesign skills are a big plus!
- A passion for people’s stories!
- Salary £26,000 – £29,000 depending on experience + OTE Bonus & Commission
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension (4% + 4%)
- Remote working and flexible hours
- Unlimited access to 121s with certified therapists and plenty of mental health resources provided by OpenUp
- Ownership of your own assigned projects, producing a meaningful product
- A supportive, international start-up environment, working with our American, British, and Dutch teams
- Strong sense of team and mission
This is an exciting professional role requiring a strong editorial background and excellent customer service skills. Come and join our ambitious plans and create your own career story at StoryTerrace!
At StoryTerrace we value empathy, collaboration, trust, innovation and we are purpose driven. We value diversity and we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values, then we would like to get to know you!