Product Designer, Create
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a Product designer on the Create team, you’ll play an integral part in the success of Pinterest as we grow to meet the needs of creators. You will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming ideas to influencing the product with qualitative and quantitative data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, user journeys, and prototypes. In this role, you will partner closely with other designers on the team, engineering, product management, product marketing managers, data analysts, and research teams to bring the core value of Pinterest to creators.
What you’ll do:
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems through experimentation and optimizations
- Partner hand-in-hand with a talented group of cross-functional peers to design impactful solutions for advertisers to create engaging content on Pinterest
- Partner with engineering throughout implementation and QA
What we’re looking for:
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding design skills and a passion for experimentation
- Experience in balancing speed and quality with a focus on driving impact through optimizations
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and the problems they’re solving
- Excellent product thinking and UX design skills
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and ability bring cross-functional partners along in the journey
- High level of self-awareness with a growth mindset that is focused on impact
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.