- Remote, United States of America
- Remote, California, United States of America
- Job Id: R22531
Zendesk is looking for a Principal Copywriter. You’ll work as a mighty brand guardian, making sure our work is easy to understand, charming, and mega fresh!
This is a collaborative role on our Creative Team. You’ll be working with skilled designers, filmmakers, producers, illustrators, and a whole team of other writers – all of whom are brilliant, friendly, and occasionally ridiculous.
Perhaps you’re wondering why you should work at Zendesk over some ‘cool’ creative agency. Well, let’s just leave this here: We offer a genuine respect for mental health, a good salary, and the opportunity to flex your creative chops while also delivering the goods. Not to mention that our work wins an occasional award (or two).
What you get to do everyday:
- Lead creative work for the Zendesk Brand. This includes brand campaigns, web pages, activations, messaging docs, video scripts, and more.
- Champion and generate ideas for innovative, effective creative that delivers against the brief.
- Pitch work in a clear and compelling way to our stakeholders.
- Create standards for the Zendesk Brand voice. Set tone and help write our style guides.
- Mentor the writing team, and individual writers.
- Check creative deliverables for consistency and clarity — whether internal, or produced by an agency.
- Enable other Zendesk teams to create on-brand collateral, through education, workshops, and building relationships.
- Find and hire freelance writers.
- Develop relationships with people at Zendesk who create content — and help their work get better.
What you bring to the table:
- 8 years as a professional copywriter working in creative advertising, or in house
- Experience leading writers and other creatives.
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills. You should be able to dazzle people with your headlines and entice them with your body copy.
- Understanding of the intricacies of brand and creative disciplines.
- Patience for documentation, style guides, and improving the creative process.
- An ability to switch between high-level strategic conversation and grammar-perfect writing with ease.
About Zendesk – Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences — and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 6,000 employees worldwide have the flexibility and trust to choose where they work. The fact is, we know great work happens anywhere. Whether you’re collaborating from your home office, a Zendesk workspace, or the kitchen table, you’re part of one team at Zendesk.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
For jobs in the US only: If hired, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and will be provided with an opportunity to request an accommodation for reasons recognized by applicable law. This is a requirement of employment for jobs based in the United States.
For jobs in Australia, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines and Singapore: If hired and required to work in office or in person with others as part of your job, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Zendesk will consider exceptions for reasons recognized by applicable law. This is a requirement of employment for jobs based in Australia, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines and Singapore.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.