Global Media Relations/ PR Director
This role will report into Corporate Communications / Brand and cross-collaborate with others in Media Relations / Public Relations, Industry Analyst Relations, Executive Communications and Social Media as part of a 360 full external communications model. This individual will have strong tech / cyber PR experience, as well as the ability to build an influencer engagement model.
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors’ cyber-health by assigning a security rating of “A” through “F” based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 500+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain’s NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
This role will report to the VP of Brand and Corporate Communications and cross-collaborate with others in Media Relations / Public Relations, Industry Analyst Relations, ExecutiveCommunications and Social Media as part of a 360 full external communications model.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the organization’s Media Relations / Public Relations (PR) efforts and agency
- Develop and implement PR strategies for the company’s products and solutions, including core areas of the business such as public sector
- Develop and implement organizational PR strategies for company events
- Implement and execute against a Global PR plan, including budgets, timelines, etc.
- Analyze all media coverage of the organization and draft appropriate responses
- Keen attention to KPIs and the ability to measure progress in PR
- Work with the Social Media team to create a content calendar that aligns to company’s strategy, business plans and story
- Organize promotional events such as press tours and conferences
- Represent the organization at press conferences, interviews, etc. and collaborate with executive communications who also have roles to play with the media
Skills and qualifications:
- 10-15 years of experience in Media Relations / PR with strong expertise in the Cybersecurity /Tech Industry
- Experience in Public Sector, U.S. Government Affairs preferred
- Social Media experience is also preferred
- Some travel is required
- Experience working across a diverse team, as well as agency vendors and working cross-functionally with other teams that play a key role in driving the reputation of the company
- Ability to: pitch media proactively to generate momentum and gain share of voice and mindshare for solutions, as well as industry trends; find opportunities to insert SecurityScorecard’s point of view into breaking and relevant news; bolster SecurityScorecard’s credibility by shaping and building media relationships; identify industry awards and work with stakeholders to develop entries; develop content to support SecurityScorecard’s thought platforms; assess relevant blogs/podcasts, etc. with select media and use content to supplement proactive and opportunistic media
- Resiliency in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer relationship management skills
- Proficiency in the use of word processing software tools
- Good creative writing skills
- An analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.