Pet Content Writer
Freelance Pet Content Writer
Hi from Pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a pet care company on a mission to help make ‘the best pet care possible fur all’. We want to revolutionize pet healthcare by making it easier for families to provide their pets with the wellness and medical care they need throughout their lives. Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is an early-stage startup with big dreams! As a pack, we share agility, guts, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit in creating a healthier, happier world for pets and their people.
Pumpkin is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Freelance Writer to join our content team as a remote member. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in content journalism, brand journalism, and advanced SEO skills. You will work closely with our team of writers and designers to ensure that all content meets our high standards for accuracy, clarity, and style. If you have a strong background in content journalism and SEO, as well as a natural writing talent, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Research and identify key terms and phrases to include in our content.
- Optimize content for search engines and ensure that it is aligned with our brand voice and messaging.
- Conduct interviews via telephone calls with veterinarians, pet nutritionists, dog trainers, groomers and other subject matter experts in the pet space.
- Work closely with writers and designers to ensure that all content meets our standards.
- Use analytics tools to track and measure the performance of our content.
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning, and sharing new knowledge.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience crafting compelling and engaging stories that capture our audience’s attention and drive traffic to our website.
- Ability to work cloesly with our SEO team to research and identify key terms and phrases to include in our content, and you will use analytics tools to track and measure the performance of our content.
- A natural talent for storytelling and the ability to craft narratives that connect with readers and educate them emotionally across topics.
- Detail-oriented and ability to research and fact-check your stories thoroughly to ensure that all content is accurate and error-free.
- Proven comfortability with writing long-form articles and shorter pieces such as headlines, summaries, and social media posts.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience writing and editing content for Pet/Animal Health Industry
- Experience working with various tools (WordPress, ClearScope, MarketMuse, Conductor, Ahrefs, SEMRush, etc.)
The rate of pay for this role averages anywhere from 10¢-20¢ per word, depending on content features. The pay rate may vary outside the listed range, based on a number of factors including but not limited to location, qualifications, performance, skills and experience.
Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Pumpkin is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.