Are you an editor who wants to make a difference in your next role? Do you have a background in personal finance or news? DebtHammer may have the perfect opportunity for you.
DebtHammer is a company that helps people get out of predatory loans. Every year, 12 million people take out high interest loans, and many end up in a cycle of endless debt. More than 90 percent of payday loan borrowers end up regretting their original loan. Our mission is to put an end to this.
You, as Personal Finance Editor, will help further this mission by creating the internet’s best content on escaping predatory loans, getting out of debt and making better financial decisions.
*Texas residents only
*This is a remote position
Please answer the following questions in your application cover letter and include three writing/editing samples. If you’re unable to upload the work samples, please email them directly to email@example.com.
What makes you a great fit for this role?
Point out a mistake or typo in this post
Include anything else you’d like to share
What Makes a Good Fit?
- You’re excited about helping people: Everything we write and produce should be helping others make better financial decisions.
- Impeccable grammar and style: Typos and grammatical errors don’t get past you. You should be well versed in AP style (though we’re open-minded about the Oxford comma). In your application, please point out a typo from this job description.
- A willingness to embrace SEO: Getting organic traffic from Google is of utmost importance in this role. Experience here isn’t necessary, but you should be willing to learn about the craft of Search Engine Optimization. First and foremost, we want to engage and educate readers, but we also need to keep the bots happy.
- You’re Creative: You can come up with new twists on topics, and ideas for surveys and data-driven studies.
- Ability to act as an editor: You should be hyper-organized and be able to manage a squad of freelancers. Roughly 50 percent of your time will be spent working with freelancers. You guide them into doing their best work and get rid of the ones who don’t make the cut.
- Recruit and manage a roster of freelance writers: You’ll be tasked with retaining top-notch freelancers and ensuring they produce articles on time and to our high standards.
- Help manage production of all editorial content: We’ll want to ramp up content production pretty quickly. You’ll be responsible for doing everything from the ideation to the keyword research, outlines and final editing.
- Contribute to data-driven surveys and studies: This is the fun part. We conduct our own original research based on surveys or analyses of publicly available data. These should produce some sort of new insight or story so that other blogs and media outlets will be interested in covering it.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Position is 100% remote.