Full-Time People and Culture Business Partner
Title: Senior Director, People and Culture Business Partner
Location: Remote, USA
About the Team & Role
The People and Culture team is committed to creating a fulfilling and inspiring place to work for all of the people who deliver that exceptional client experience – from our warehouse team to tech talent to merchants to stylists. Our People & Culture (P&C) team partners with leaders across Stitch Fix to ensure every employee is inspired and supported to be their best self and do their best work.
The Senior Director of P&C Business Partners (BPs) leads a global team of HR Business Partners to coach our leaders and employees to navigate challenges and perform beyond wildest expectations. Spanning a uniquely wide variety of roles, geographies, and functions (data scientists, warehouse associates, stylists, marketers, customer support agents, and more), this position will provide you with an opportunity to regularly consult across functions and make lasting impact on the business. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive and innovate the People & Culture function at a pivotal moment in Stitch Fix’s growth. This role can be Remote (US based), manages a high performing team of HRBP Managers, and will report directly to the VP of People & Culture Business Partner.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Serve as a key member of the P&C Leadership Team, setting and driving the people strategy for Stitch Fix
- Shape an inspirational BP strategy drawing on data including people analytics and employee surveys
- Build and coach a high-performing BP team of managers across multiple locations
- Deeply understand and engage with our long-term business goals, current organizational strengths and challenges, and opportunities for us to close the gaps
- Develop strong, trusted partnerships and candid coaching relationships with C-suite leaders, VPs, and Directors across the company
- Partner with other P&C leaders to continually improve and innovate our people processes and programs
- Be a cultural champion, both as a role model and in leading your team and cross-company initiatives to help us scale and strengthen our culture as we grow
- Be the key leader owning high-stakes employee relation issues, partnering with our Legal Team to manage risk and ensure compliance
- Support in the design and execution of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives that make Stitch Fix a better place for every employee to realize their full potential
We’re excited about you because you are
- Able to ‘fly at 30,000 feet’ to shape global people strategies toward Stitch Fix’s multi-year priorities and dive down to sea level’ to coach your team to execute this vision
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds at all levels
- A consummate coach who gets personal fulfillment by succeeding through others and developing leaders, and have successfully managed managers before
- Motivated by challenges and bring a positive tone, an eye for solutions and an energy for rolling up your sleeves to solve at high speed
- Deeply responsible and accountable with a strong attention to programmatic detail and organization
- Always questioning the status quo, as you look for opportunities to innovate and break convention where you think better results can be achieved
- Naturally combining judgment and intuition and a constant curiosity for more data and evidence in order to draw the best conclusions and shape the best path forward
- At your best leading others through ambiguity and constant change, nimble and responsive in the short-term with driving progress on longer-term foundational initiatives
- An exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and courageous in giving tough but supportive feedback when needed
- Respected just as much for your business judgment as for your HR expertise
The experience you bring includes:
- 10+ years of experience driving, building and scaling multi-location (ideally global) teams of HR BPs and HR Generalists for high-performing companies of 1000+ employees
- 5+ years experience successfully coaching leaders up to the VP or C-suite levels
- Leading HR for hourly and distributed employee populations (i.e., warehouse/distribution center, customer support, retail, etc.) as well as some G&A and technical functions (i.e. product, engineering and/or data science)
- Demonstrated functional competence across areas of HR, including organizational design, talent and performance management, employee relations, change management, and strategic workforce planning
- Deep experience with HR leadership teams building strategy across a people function to create a best-in-class people function
- Ideally prior experience with a fast-paced, high-growth technology or consumer company
Why you’ll love working at Stitch Fix…
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
About Stitch Fix
We’re changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
Find a career that looks good on you apply today!