Payroll Specialist – Remote
Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Established in 2006 out of our founder’s dorm room, we continue to expand our business. In 2021 we acquired TechRepublic, and in 2020, we acquired QuinStreet B2B, both leading resources for IT and business decision makers. These critical acquisitions included global teams of dynamic technology and media professionals to enhance our presences in the US, the UK, Singapore, and Australia. We now have more than 20 digital media brands and over 500 global team members, representing 12 languages.
Listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies five times and a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards, we take both our growth and employee engagement seriously. We work hard each day, but we know how to have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our people-focused global HR and Administration team! You’ll be involved in all things payroll, from compliance, benefits administration, employee claims, and more. You’ll support payroll across multiple entities, states, countries and industries. As part of the HR team, we ensure our stakeholders are receiving accurate and timely communications regarding all-encompassing payroll matters.
How You’ll Contribute…
- Coordinate and process payroll for employees across 4 countries, 30+ States, and multiple companies in a timely manner
- Work with the HR team to process claims, reimbursements, and oversee benefits
- Work with the HR team to assist in onboarding new hires and updating employee records in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines to ensure correct employee data
- Guide managers and employees through proper workflows to ensure proper documentation and approval
- Work with the Finance team to help audit and ensure compliance
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and answer any employee payroll queries
- Manage electronic timekeeping systems or manually collect and review timesheets
- Evaluate the accuracy of timesheets submitted by each department to meet deadlines and contact supervisors or individual employees when there is a discrepancy
- Calculate payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions
- Manage and track employee retirement contributions, overtime and paid/unpaid time off
What You Bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent professional experience
- Experience running payrolls, administering 401k plans, and insurance in multi-location companies with at least 50 employees
- Experience using payroll accounting software
- Understanding employer and employee taxes, deductions, taxable and non-taxable transactions
- Extremely organized and ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong excel skills
- Experience with Google for Work (Sheets, Docs, Drive) is a plus
- Experience working on a global team is a plus
- Experience working with different employment classifications is a preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role is a plus
Why You Want Us…
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options – your choice!
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off, take time off when you need it!
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Bucket List Benefit: We’ll financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Subscription reimbursement to the Headspace App
- Monthly fitness membership reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Ongoing career development meetings, professional development opportunities, and incentives
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- In-office coffee, snacks, ping pong, beer on Fridays, and catered lunches 4 days/week
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.