Payroll Implementations and Compliance Specialist
Title: Payroll Implementations and Compliance Specialist
Location: Work from Anywhere
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn – valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
Employment Hero recently acquired KeyPay, a workforce and payroll management solution. Buoyed by the acquisition, KeyPay will still serve the broader industry and its partners as we commit to powering its purpose through different channels; whether directly through its platform or via a myriad of different partners, including HR providers, accountants in public practice and financial institutions. In combination with KeyPay, Employment Hero now offers a suite of total employment management solutions that covers four key pillars: Talent Solutions, Core HR, Payroll, and eBenefits.
We believe in distributed employment and take a Remote First‘ approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a talented, passionate, outside the box thinking AUS/NZ Payroll Implementation and Compliance Specialist to join our Customer Success team on a permanent basis. This role is a key part of our team and will appeal to those with strong communication and customer service skills and a high level of self-motivation and attention to detail. This role will expose you to a large number of businesses across a diverse range of industries.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Assist the CX Lead to ensure the operational aspects of the Training, Implementations and Compliance Business Unit and associated activities comply with relevant legislation, agreed internal and external client relationship management and company processes and guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely implementation services, including employee data import, business and rule set configuration, and Award and/or Employment Agreements setup.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure consistent client management of the implementation process and customer success by providing and promoting service excellence and fostering effective teamwork and business.
- Assist with Award compliance and quality control, when directed, including Award and Enterprise Agreement interpretations and system pay condition rule setups.
- Provide external clients and internal teams with training support, including product and functionality demonstrations, both online and onsite, webinars and Zendesk support.
- Identify through client feedback, research and analysis, continuous improvement opportunities for the software developer team.
- 2+ years of payroll implementations, payroll consulting or payroll management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and sound logic when planning
- Self-motivated and positive. Able to handle pressure with a can do attitude
- Comfortable learning and using a wide range of web based apps
- A working knowledge of Modern Awards, EBAs and Fair Work rules
- Confidence and clarity in being able to deliver education and training
- Able to work remotely and unsupervised
- Be able to self direct both learning and task management
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!