Payment Posting Specialist
Payment Posting Specialist – Remote
- The Payment Posting Specialist is assigned facilities/clients that they are responsible for keeping up with to meet our 6 day turn around. Posts all money posted for current month by our month end deadline. The typical Posting Coordinator has between 13-14 assigned facilities for Emergency Departments & Hospitalists.
Essential Functions & Tasks:
- Posts Accounts Payable deposits.
- Processes electronic 835’s and manual payer EOBs, including the posting of insurance allowable, patient portions, denials, adjustments, contractual allowances, recoups and forward balancing.
- Interprets Explanation of Benefits (EOB) remittance codes and applies correct denial codes.
- Balances and closes payment batches timely.
- Navigate websites to obtain EOBs.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two (2) year of experience posting insurance payments in a healthcare setting.
- Two (2) years of experience reading insurance Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of insurance payer types.
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements.
- Strong balancing and reconciliation skills.
- Strong 10 Key calculator skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply state/federal laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to remain flexible and work within a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and professional manner.