Pathology Support Coordinator
Pathology Support Coordinator
- Review select cases for accuracy of tissue request and escalate to PA’s when needed, complete accurate data entry.
- Assist other PSCs in resolving issues with their cases and provide feedback on the quality of their work.
- Ensure that necessary notes and holds are placed on cases for non-conforming samples, discrepancies and/or missing information so that timely follow-up by the Customer Care team is made.
- Compose professional emails/faxes using proper grammar and spelling to communicate with other departments for case escalation and/or case status updates.
- Perform outbound calls to pathology labs for specimen information (confirmation of accession numbers, specimen locations, pathology fax numbers, address confirmation, etc
- Attend interdepartmental meetings if needed and provide feedback on the current process or workflow. Monitor errors and metrics for all tissue cases
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 2+ years of medical industry related experience.
- Previous computer experience is required.
- Previous data entry experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Trained on all product types and able to accession with high accuracy and efficiency consistently.
- Ability to handle most escalations, discrepancies, and holds.
- Firm understanding and knowledgeable in all aspects of the Accessioning process and SOPs
- Typing speed of at least 45wpm with high accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to use good judgment
- Ability to perform required duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
The pay range is listed and actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Natera is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits – Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.