Do you consider yourself an expert at Hiking, Backpacking & Camping? Do you spend more time in the great outdoors than you do with your family? Do your friends constantly come to you as their first port of call for all things camping-related? And do you love writing and blogging?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then read on.
We’re looking for a remote content writer with experience creating content on the great outdoors. You will use researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level articles on assigned topics.
You’ll help our site(s) achieve their growth goals by creating content that connects with their target audiences and brings eyes to their sites. You’ll also learn how to create content that ranks and brings clicks and revenue. You’ll:
- Create engaging content on a variety of topics
- Stay on trend with new insights for techniques to share and enhance best practices
- Implement editors’ feedback to your existing content
- Meet with your editors 1:1 and attend group team meetings
About Scane Media and My Open Country
We’re Scane ApS, a media company based out of Copenhagen, Denmark that runs a number of US-focused content websites and are lucky to be supported by employees around the globe. We’re looking for a content writer who can help us expand our outdoor websites, principally My Open Country.
We’re making a big push to ensure that the site has a bright and promising future, and you’ll be a huge part of making that happen. Thanks to the quality of our publishing, My Open Country has already been featured by leading publications and outdoors brands worldwide, including KOA, Wikihow, PBS, How Stuff Works, Bustle, Popular Mechanics, Outside Online, Nature, Space, Xero Shoes, The Trek amongst others!!
This is an exciting opportunity to write about the thing you love most—Hiking, Camping & Backpacking! Whether you’re a hobbyist or consider yourself a pro on the topic, we want you to write for us. You’ll be covering a wide range of topics, including the wider outdoor genre in general.
For this, we need a true expert—no fakers here, please! If you don’t truly have a passion for hiking, camping & backpacking, it’s not going to work, I’m afraid.
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? Not only do you get to make money from your passion, but you’ll also be part of a wider team that are driven to grow the site further. We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you can produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
We’re aiming to publish at least 100k/words a month of new content, so you’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
- You’re a natural-born writer! You have probably spent a lot of time perfecting your craft, you have a strong grasp of grammar, and you enjoy the creative aspect of writing
- You understand the importance of organic search and search engine optimization (and if you don’t, you’re willing to learn)
- You’re organized and independent, but you love working in a collaborative and positive team environment
- You love creating compelling content and you’re a continuous learner
- You want to grow in the role and give us the honor to grow your career with us
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into Scane Aps broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about creating compelling content, SEO, and marketing in general
- Master our grammar and language guidelines
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 months you will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Work on exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor and Senior Editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
- Starting wage of $0.04-0.06c/word (dependent on experience)
- Expected wordcount delivery of 25-50k words/month
HOW TO APPLY:
Follow the link below and fill out the submission form:
Scane Aps provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.