Order Entry Specialist
Order Entry Specialist
Employees can work remotely
The Order Specialist position plays a key role in servicing our customers. The position is responsible for ensuring that all jobs are ordered accurately and in a timely fashion to meet the needs of our customers. The Order Specialist works hand in hand with internal and external contacts assigned to their accounts with the overall goal of servicing our customers at a high level.
The OS position reports to the Supervisor Order Fulfillment for the Builder Channel.
- Work with FSR’s to ensure the expectations of our builders are met with regards to timely and complete delivery and installation.
- Facilitate verbal, electronic, or hard copy communications with Customers regarding the phase of construction, cabinet order dates, selection information and purchase orders, etc.
- Provide field measure packets on time that include all the necessary information for FSR’s to accurately verify designs and selections on each job.
- Collect purchase order information and prepare accurate pricing summary for invoicing purposes.
- Timely and accurate ordering of all jobs is the goal.
- Ability to travel as required. Estimated travel currently anticipated for this position is <5%.
- Other duties, incidental or regular, may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Keep track of construction schedules through communication with the superintendent, electronic scheduling tool provided by Builders, receipt of hard copy documentation, etc. Receive start notifications for all jobs before scheduling the house to be measured with the FSR.
- Validate field measures and make necessary changes with FSR, Sales Representative, Builder and Sub-contractor ensuring alignment and first time complete installation.
- Diagnose and prescribe solutions to resolve Customer concerns.
- Collecting selection and purchase order information from the builder.
- Creating Jobs in our system(s) before field measure.
- After release from the builder, prepare measure packet that includes cabinet layouts, items list, and selection information, etc. Provide measure packets to appropriate FSR. Communicate any urgency associated with specific orders to the FSR through Salesforce.
- Work with Design Associate and Sales Representative to redesign any complex kitchens or take care of any major SKU changes as requested by the FSR.
- Review all selections and options and ensure PO is accurate. Request VPO’s when needed. Working with Builders Purchasing Dept. to resolve P.O. discrepancies.
- Prepare countertop orders and send to countertop supplier. Place email confirmations in Box Job Folder.
- May create install packet that stays in box folder which includes the layout, items list, countertop information.
- Finalize and submit order utilizing internal system(s)
- Work with Account Managers on recurring design changes and P.O. issues that need to be corrected and make sure you use the most up to date information provided by them.
- Experience using basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to communicate with all varying levels of skilled trades.
- Ability to understand kitchen/bath layouts and interpret design issues related to final installation.
- Experience using computer programs including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to follow existing guidelines and establish improved procedures
- Ability to handle stressful situations while remaining calm
- High School Diploma Required
- Higher education preferred