Flexible (Continental United States)
Org Partnerships Team
Start Date: Immediate
Role Type: Full Time
Location: Flexible location, in the USA
Travel: Willingness to travel ~25% of the time
Who We Are:
Transcend’s mission is to support communities to create and spread extraordinary, equitable learning environments. Founded in 2015, Transcend has partnered with over 200 schools and 50 systems that collectively serve nearly 500,000 students in 30 states across the country. As a research and development (R&D) hub for the education field, Transcend provides schools and systems with research-backed, community-driven models and capacity so they can make significant leaps to reimagine the future of education. Transcend is a nonprofit that operates with a fully remote, nationwide team.
For more information, visit our website; follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter; or check out this recent podcast featuring our two co-founders on Class Disrupted.
Transcend is growing and we need additional support for our Partnerships team! The Partnerships team focuses on developing a pipeline of school innovation projects, leading innovation workshops with school communities (known as Sparks Workshops), and sharing with and learning from our broader external network.
The Operations Associate will play a critical role in team scheduling and operations, communications, and essential project management. You will ask the important questions and listen closely, so that you can mastermind the suite of project management and operational needs for your team.
This role reports to Renise Williams, Manager of School and Network Partnerships.
In this role, you will get to:
- Serve as the operations expert for the team by spearheading smooth internal operations such as scheduling meetings and work sessions, preparing agendas, taking notes, and capturing (and managing follow-through on) the next steps.
- Lead and manage operations and logistics for various workshops and events, learning experiences, and redesign cohorts, both virtually through zoom and in-person. This ranges from leading operations for 2-hour, 15-person zoom calls to operations for 4-day in-person retreats with over 60 participants. Operations here include setting up and managing zoom breakout rooms, slide presentations, music, and designing and ensuring participant access to online collaboration tools the group may be using (padlets, etc.).
- Craft and manage communications with internal staff and external stakeholders. This may include drafting/sending emails to external workshop participants, summarizing feedback or notes from internal team discussions or decision-making, etc.
- Support team special projects like planning team stepbacks, managing the team’s internal drive, summarizing participant feedback into graphs and charts, creating participant note catchers or surveys, researching locations for the team or larger group work sessions/events, etc.
The core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Partnerships Team Operational Support
- Manage upcoming meeting roster
- Ensure meetings call template is prepped for all external calls
- Draft and edit customized correspondence between key stakeholders
- Research and write up prospective partner summaries
- Help track the communication between the partnership team and its stakeholders
- Copy editing communications (scopes of work, emails, slide decks, etc.)
- Manage the calendars of all (~4-5) partnership team members
- Schedule external-facing calls with prospective/current partners and internal-facing calls
- Enter, update, and manage data and notes into Salesforce and other applications/tools as needed
- Generate Salesforce reports and launch campaigns as needed
- Manage partnership team folder structure
- Support team retreat planning, booking teammates’ travel, and team special projects
- Other administrative tasks as assigned, which may include expense reporting, data entry, etc.
Sparks Project Support
- Own project management and execution of virtual/in-person workshops by ordering and managing supplies, setting up and closing out workshop spaces, preparing printed materials, organizing project timeline, among others
- Collaborate and meet on a regular basis with the Sparks team
Who You Are:
You have a user-centered approach to managing operations and projects on a team, both internally and externally. You have a keen eye for details, love to craft and manage smooth logistics, and build strong relationships with others to implement excellent organizational systems when planning experiences and events. You take initiative, manage your time effectively, and take great pride in your stellar organizational systems. And, you leverage these skills to orchestrate tight team organization systems. Lastly, you thrive in a fast-paced environment when things can change quickly and operate with resolute calmness and flexibility!
And above all, you love that your everyday work is in service to a mission that matters. You believe deeply in the power of education to change lives, and you are energized by contributing your love of all things operations to this cause.
To all this, you bring:
- A commitment to Transcend’s mission of building and spreading equitable, extraordinary learning environments.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills that allow you to gather and organize multiple work streams and logistics efficiently.
- Curiosity and drive to develop clear, effective, and efficient operational processes.
- A commitment to advancing and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the events you manage, the ways you communicate, and how you approach your work.
- A willingness to travel up to 1-2 times/month, for 2-3 days at a time, to support in-person operations.
- Flexibility, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Eagerness to embrace and live into Transcend’s core values.
Perks and Benefits:
Transcend is committed to providing our colleagues with a competitive benefits package. Transcend offers medical, dental and vision coverage options, org-wide holidays, paid time off, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities, and fully remote work. We’re also proud of our values-grounded, equity-focused, and fun(!) work environment, incredible colleagues, and a dedication to our work and each other.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse team that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically under-represented groups to apply.