Freelance Online Reading Tutor
Online Reading Tutor
Online Reading Tutor
New Year, New Opportunity! Join Littera Education as an online reading tutor for grade levels 3-8 for weekly sessions anticipated to begin in January and February 2024!
Every student deserves the care and attention of a great tutor. Since 2020, tutors like you have provided 250,000+ hours of live tutoring to K-12 students who need it most. We’re looking to expand our team with enthusiastic tutors looking to begin in January 2024!
This role is perfect for you if you are seeking a flexible schedule and the opportunity to impact students’ learning experiences. While there is not a guaranteed number of hours per week, your consistent availability week to week, at the same time, can help the platform consider your calendar for session bookings.
What You’ll Do:
- Tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting using our Littera Virtual Classroom
- Conduct complete curriculum orientations for provided lesson content
- Build meaningful relationships with students across the United States
- Review and utilize provided lesson content materials to facilitate engaging sessions
- Make a significant impact on students’ learning journeys!
What You Need to Succeed:
- Relevant experience working with school-age learners
- Consistent ongoing availability to support weekly session series
- Ability to tutor and engage students with clear communication
- Proficiency in using online virtual tools and technology
- Essential equipment: Desktop/Laptop (Chrome browser), video camera, reliable internet, headset with a microphone and a quiet tutoring space
- A Gmail email account
- A college degree or equivalent experience working with K12 students
- Commitment to maintaining scheduled sessions for strong tutor-student relationships
- Based in the United States
- Availability: You will need to have a consistent schedule from week to week with availability at the same times each day and a minimum of four days per week for potential scheduling (Monday to Friday)
- English/Reading sessions: $18 per hour
- Optional: Following the successful completion of an algebra assessment. when tutoring a high school Algebra I session series: Additional $4 per hour
Interested in joining us?
- Submit your application
- Complete a 2 minute video reply sharing your experience with math or algebra
- Attend a virtual mock appointment with a 5 minute mock tutoring demonstration
- Review and sign the Tutor Agreement, consent to and pass a background check
Join us in shaping students’ academic journeys while enjoying the flexibility of remote tutoring with Littera Education!
Optional: Tutors are invited to complete the tutor fingerprinting steps at Littera, including being fingerprinted in person, to be eligible to work with school districts that request fingerprinted tutors. Fingerprints previously completed are not transferable.