Full-Time Newsletter Writer/Reporter
As the first full-time writer on our newsletter — which already has 120,000 subscribers and industry-leading engagement rates — you will play a key role in setting the tone, shaping the format and honing the voice of the newsletter. Through sparky analysis, dogged reporting and by never missing a hot topic, we want you to become the oracle on European tech and the sector’s definitive guide to the news of the day. We want everyone in European tech be talking about the morning Sifted newsletter.
This is an extremely collaborative role — you will work closely with Sifted’s editors and your fellow reporters to produce each issue — but it’s also a chance for _you _to become an extremely well-known voice (and face) in the industry.
We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this position.
Sifted is an award-winning media company, backed by the Financial Times, reporting on the world of technology and startups in Europe. Four years after launching, our high-quality journalism is a must-read for founders, investors and people working in startups across the continent.
In addition to our Flagship newsletter (currently sent three times per week), our editorial team publish a variety of content across numerous platforms and formats: dozens of feature-length articles a week, four specialist weekly newsletters, a weekly podcast, several in-person annual events across the continent and regular online panel discussions.
We’re a friendly and supportive team, and we are thoughtful about everyone’s personal development. We have a flat structure and value feedback, honesty and clear communication.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Writing and planning our daily Flagship newsletter, including producing original content for it
- Finding creative, scoopy and interesting stories to cover each day
- Sifting through the latest news and data on people moves, deals and fundraising to bring our readers the insights they _need _to know
- Thinking creatively about how to grow the newsletter’s reach and audience
- Partnering with other journalists on stories, podcasts and events
- Working with our team of analysts to source and share proprietary data
- The ability to work well alone and quickly
- The ability to write in an engaging, delightful and snappy manner
- An eye for a great story
- Experience writing on a daily deadline
- Experience covering startups and/or technology
- Familiarity with newsletter analytics, production and best practices is a plus, but not required
- Salary of £40-55k, dependent on experience
- Options equal to 10% of your salary
- £1,000 annual learning budget to spend on personal development
- 25 days of annual leave plus local public holidays and 3 bonus days off over Christmas
- Regular team socials, both in-person (when possible) and online
- Proper mental health care
Applicants for this role can be based in any tech hub in Europe. The Sifted HQ is in London but half of our reporters are based in continental Europe.
How To Apply
- A short cover letter describing why you are interested in (and perfect for!) this role and Sifted
- 3 articles (or newsletters) you’ve written that you’re proud of
- 3 ideas for stories you would cover in the Sifted newsletter
- One improvement Sifted should make to its newsletter roster
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
51 total views, 1 today