News Update Editor
News Update Editor, Entertainment Weekly
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a remote editor to update timely content on Entertainment Weekly. As a news update editor, you will evaluate and update content, and work in the CMS to make those updates. Successful candidates for this position will be passionate and knowledgeable about pop culture and entertainment, and have morning availability in the Eastern Time Zone.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
The rate for this role is $25-$30/hour. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- At least 2 years experience writing or editing entertainment or pop culture content, preferably for a news publication or magazine
- Comfortable with internet research and creating/tracking Google alerts
- Journalism experience strongly preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- Able to confidently research and write/edit content covering movies, television, pop culture, and related topics, particularly streaming content
- Comfortable with content management systems, including WordPress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You are comfortable working remotely
- You have access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.