Motion Designer and Editor
Title: Motion Designer & Editor (Part-Time Temporary)
Location: United States
Curated is on a mission to help people find exactly what they’re looking for
Whether it’s your first snowboard, a brand new baby stroller, or a much needed upgrade to your coffee machine shopping is hard when the stakes are high. We make it easy by connecting customers with Real Experts who can answer their needs faster.
Curated is the home of America’s biggest community of Real Experts
Real Experts aren’t sales assistants. They’re people living ordinary lives, who also happen to be obsessively passionate about something. They have real, on-the-ground, lived experience they’re not proficient in tennis, they’re fluent in it.
Making high-stakes purchases easier is only the beginning
Our Real Experts connect with customers in ways that would be unimaginable in any other retail context. They work hard to understand your needs, trade stories, help make plans, and keep in touch.
It’s why customers are obsessed with Curated and why our Real Experts have a 4.96 average star rating over 85,000+ reviews.
Motion Designer & Editor
You are a creative person who loves to tell a story through motion and video capabilities. From clean animations to a beautifully crafted video, you know how to tell a story and craft important messaging in just a few seconds. You have a high level of technical ability and initiative, and love experimenting with new ideas, visual strategies, and diving into collaborative brainstorms.
Reporting directly to the Head of Brand and working closely with the Marketing team, you will have a role of conceptualizing motion design, crafting storytelling and editing video to promote the Curated brand. You will join a creative team of designers, copywriters and strategists to accomplish Brand, Marketing, and other cross functional team goals.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need strong proficiency in aftereffects for motion/animation and premier for footage editing. You’ll work day-to-day with our graphic designers, producers and other creatives to unlock video capabilities and impact through storytelling.
In this role, you will:
- Produce videos to drive customer acquisition and promote the Curated brand on digital platforms
- Create marketing and brand assets for Curated’s paid & organic channels following all creative and performance best practices
- Providing creative direction for video ideas by defining motion system templates and/or storyboards
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, content strategists & stakeholders to establish the vision of the project, come up with creative concepts, and assess tradeoffs between brand appeal and performance needs
- Experiment creatively within a structured system, including work using briefs, scripts, design assets, and footage provided by cross functional teams, Experts, or brand partners
- Partner with our Creative Team in planning how to achieve the project goals through video and animation
- Experience with digital advertising
- Proven motion graphics and video editing experience
- Proficiency in graphic design, and/or illustration skills
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite with a strong focus on After Effects
- Proficiency in video editing software (ideally Adobe Premiere)
- Keeps up with the latest trends in storytelling, video production, and social media
- The ability to create highly engaging short form marketing videos for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other social platforms
- Passion for storytelling
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a thirst to drive innovation
- Knowledge of competitive ecommerce brands and the creative tactics that they are executing
- Thrive in a fast-paced, remote environment
- The availability to work 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday,
While these qualifications are typical of a strong candidate, they are not exhaustive and not required unless noted. We take a holistic approach to hiring and would love to connect if this sounds interesting to you!
Curated was founded in 2017 to humanize online shopping. Backed by Forerunner, Greylock, and CapitalG, we’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life by passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the perfect product, so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge economy that enables people to earn meaningful income by sharing their expertise, from anywhere.
Curated is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, as we strive to build a marketplace that serves every demographic with the highest level of quality and respect.
How to Apply