Full-Time Member Support Associate
Title: Member Support Associate
Location: Denver, CO/ Remote
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2023. We expect 2024 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential.
Our Member Support Team is growing and looking for customer service gurus to join in on the fun! Our Associates work closely with all clients; from individuals, to hotel suppliers and even our API integration partners to resolve any and all detail changes. We’re looking for passionate candidates with a natural empathy, positive tone and a love for the customer experience. If you’re ready to kick-start your career in hospitality & customer service, this role is for you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with members via phone, email and chat to manage current reservations
- Confirm with hotels that proper billing procedures are being followed and that our members have a seamless experience with their reservations
- Resolve difficult issues with our corporate contacts with a positive, professional tone
- Be meticulous about details. Our team works as a collective unit in order to ensure top notch customer service. This means that we may have multiple teammates address the same issue, and we require details notes on all interactions with our members and partners
- Communicate solutions internally and externally to resolve issues
- Provide feedback to the team in the interest of developing more efficient future processes – we want to hear your opinions!
- Process client refunds in a timely manner
- Work across multiple online portals and can dexterously move between operating systems
- Provide a top tier level of customer service. If you love helping people and have a hospitality mindset, we are a great fit for your launch into the travel technology industry
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A positive, energetic personality that translates over phone & email
- Enthusiasm for learning technology to support a IT development team’s needs
- Proactive independent self-starter & work with urgency while maintaining exemplary organizational skills
- Pristine written & verbal communication skills
- A quick learner ready to grasp our systems, processes & procedures
- Ability to problem solve and work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work
- Exposure to travel booking software & Salesforce is a plus!
- Experience working in the hospitality industry a plus!
- We support our members 7 days a week. This position requires flexibility; including nights, weekends, and holidays. Please don’t apply if this is not appealing to you
- The shift we have available currently is 12pm-9pm MST with 2 consecutive days off
- We have multiple shifts for this role that just aren’t available currently. Pending your performance as you progress throughout your career as an MS Associate, you’ll gain flexibility in adjusting this to your preferable days & times. We are actively hiring for roles that incorporate consistent weekend work PM shifts
- This role is eligible for remote work within the U.S.
- The base pay for this role is $20/hour plus the potential to make a monthly bonus.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.