Full-Time Medical Administrative Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant
(Remote – Mountain/Pacific )
UNITED STATES, REMOTE
OPERATIONS – CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Mountain or Pacific Time Zones
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice on a mission to transform care delivery and expand access to high-quality services, serving thousands of clients since our inception in late 2019. We are passionate advocates of parent-focused intervention. Our e-learning platform contains thousands of home-based learning modules authored by our clinical team, helping SLPs empower caregivers to integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily life and improve outcomes. Our mission is to set a new standard in speech therapy by making every caregiver a champion of their loved one’s success. We envision a world where everyone can fulfill their communication potential.
About the Role:
We are looking for an organized, self-motivated, and customer service oriented Medical Administrative Assistant to join our growing team, preferably bilingual in Spanish and English. You will be responsible for the the customary “front desk” duties for our clinical team such as providing timely and efficient support for customer needs, addressing and triaging inbound support requests, client intake, medical billing, and insurance claim processing. Please note the work schedule will be Monday through Friday business hours in either the Mountain or Pacific time zones.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
What you would be doing at Expressable
- Provide outstanding customer support for all clients, respond to all patient inquiries, and manage administrative issues concerning scheduling and billing adjustments
- Be the front line to all incoming calls, triage, and direct calls accordingly.
- Prioritize responding to emails and customer experience questions from our clinicians and other staff members.
- Support client onboarding process that includes documentation processing and database record management
- Perform client outreach as needed for outstanding items including but not limited to client intake paperwork
- Provide support for client intake and onboarding, collaborating with our revenue cycle management partners as needed
- Assist in collections for past due and current clients that are unpaid.
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with company policies including HIPAA and other regulatory, legal, and safety requirements.
What you bring to Expressable
- At least 2 years of experience working as a customer-facing medical front office representative
- Familiar with insurance and knowledge/experience with HMOs, PPOs, Commercial Payers, HSAs/FSAs, Medicaid, and Medicare
- Adept at managing multiple calendars and assisting with complex scheduling needs
- Ability to collaborate in a fully remote work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and Zoom or other teleconference platforms
- Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
Key competencies for success in this role
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attention to Detail– Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide Hoaccurate and consistent work. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others’ work.
- Planning/Organizing–Ability to work independently. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Benefits at Expressable
- Exceptional paid time off policies that encourage and support life balance
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Health insurance options that ensure well being for the whole person and their family
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Remote work environment that strives for connectivity through professional collaboration and personal connections
$18 – $22 an hour
Expressable values people. From the technology we develop, the services we provide, and the culture we maintain, Expressable cares about the experience of our employees, clients, and prospects. We intentionally create and sustain supportive environments in which everyone – clients, caregivers, speech-language pathologists, and team members – can achieve their highest potential.
We believe that building trusting and collaborative relationships is paramount to delivering quality care so we operate with the highest levels of honesty, transparency, and accountability as individuals and a collaborative team. We believe that transforming therapy happens through the steady and iterative problem solving of an interdisciplinary team.
Expressable is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate and embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a broad tapestry of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Expressable is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Expressable will take the steps to ensure people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our HR Director