Mattress and Sleep Editor
Title: Mattress & Sleep Editor
Location: United States
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Mattress & Sleep Editor, Forbes Vetted
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced mattress editor to join our growing commerce editorial team.
Working in conjunction with the category’s other mattress & sleep editor, this role will be responsible for overseeing all Forbes Vetted mattress & sleep content, which includes best list product guides, retailer news, tested product reviews, versus product-comparison posts, how-tos and product odes. The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert with direct prior experience writing and editing mattress reviews, who can discuss the topic from a health and wellness perspective. You’ll work closely with the content strategy team to optimize evergreen mattress guides, the deals editor to assign, write, and edit mattress deals, the distribution team to assist with sleep-focused social media and newsletter content and the reviews editor to produce hands-on tested product reviews of mattresses and other sleep products. The mattress & sleep editor reports to the Forbes Vetted deputy editor.
- Co-ownership of mattress and sleep product coverage, which includes mattresses, pillows, sleep aids and adjacent products like sheets and bedding
- Planning the editorial calendar for the mattress & sleep section in collaboration with senior team members
- Recruiting and managing a team of freelance writers to whom you’ll assign articles and product reviews
- Editing new and updated mattress & sleep content and writing some as necessary, including best lists, tested content, product reviews, newsletter copy and social media captions
- Leveraging SEO tools like Google Keywords and SEMrush, plus analytics tools like Looker, to plan content and track performance against team and individual goals
- Participating in sales event coverage, including working shifts over some holiday weekends such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday
The ideal candidate:
- Is an expert in all things sleep, with 5+ years of experience covering products and informational topics in this space
- Has impeccable writing, editing and reporting skills as well as a network of relevant and skilled freelance writers and PR contacts
- Has a strong understanding of SEO best practices, plus prior experience with commerce writing and affiliate strategy; familiarity with hands-on mattress testing a plus
- Is user-focused and understands editorial independence, but can deftly balance this with the needs of the business
- Is eager to collaborate, innovate and experiment editorially to help grow the Forbes Vetted audience
The annual base salary range for this role is $80,000 – $95,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice