Mathematics Curriculum Writer
Students are provided with step-by-step marking and assistance to ensure they receive the right help at the right time no matter how they choose to engage with a question. Our content is engaging and interactive, and the Mathspace system adapts to student proficiency while providing a wealth of data for educators to guide their students’ growth to complete mastery.
Increasingly, Mathspace is being used as a core mathematics learning resource by year 7-10 students all across Australia, and we are currently revamping our content to create a rigorous and comprehensive Mathspace textbook, developed specifically for the new Australian curriculum. As such an opportunity has arisen for experienced teachers to work on a 3-4 month contract basis writing and reviewing materials for the Australian curriculum.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced teachers to do some contract work over the holidays, weekends or free time and shape a product being used by hundreds of thousands of students across Australia. We’re looking for passionate educators who want to build the content that they’d like to use in their classrooms.
The Role Will Involve
- identifying the structure of topics and subtopics through a course to successfully address all mathematical skills while maintaining coherence.
- Identifying appropriate existing content within Mathspace to populate topics and subtopics.
- Writing question content for gaps in existing content to ensure rigour, a balance between procedural skills & fluency, conceptual understanding and application.
- Writing and constructing lessons to accompany sets of questions to appear in the textook
- Experience in delivering some or all of the Year 7-10 curriculum in your state
- Detailed knowledge of specific question types that address curriculum outcomes.
- 3+ years of experience in teaching
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach
- Ability to stick to deadlines
- Able to commit at least 16 hours a week for the duration of the project
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to haves:
- A basic understanding of coding
- Familiarity with the new curriculum requirements
- Contribute to a world-class learning resource that is transforming the future of maths education worldwide.
- Full training and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.