Math Support Hours Teacher
This is a home-based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
National, Math (Subject) Support Hours Teacher, (Learning Solutions), (Part-Time)
Job Category: Academics
Requisition Number: VIRTU025140
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
The world around us has changed forever. Distance learning is now an integral aspect of learning for all levels around the world. At Stride Learning Solutions, we’ve always been ready. For more than two decades, we’ve helped districts and schools find a promising path forward.
Since 2000, Stride Learning Solutions has been a leader in strategic solutions to solve district challenges. Our flexible online and blended learning options boost modern instruction and promote lifelong student success. With an innovative platform, comprehensive digital courseware, adaptable technology, and extensive support, we are equipped to help your school or district empower a brighter future for learners.
Subject Support Hours Teacher provides an opportunity for students to come to a virtual classroom and meet live with a teacher. Support hours are an open office hour type session where students can get content support to help them progress successfully through their course. These sessions are optional for most students and follow a bell-type schedule, e.g. Math at 10:00 am, Science at 11:00 am, ELA at 1:00 pm, Social
Studies at 2:00 pm. Teachers hosting these sessions will greet students as they log in, organize breakout rooms for students to engage with teachers and answer student questions. The sessions are open to many grade levels, so teachers must be comfortable with varying content from 6th to 12th grade. There are many teachers in the virtual
classroom ready to support students, therefore collaboration and communication within the team is important.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential duties.
- Successfully complete training within two weeks of hiring
- Host daily Subject Support Hour sessions
- Attend monthly meetings
- Adhere to communication requirements, encourage participation, and maintain synchronous office hours
- Be available during daytime hours for shifts
- Ability to collaborate and communicate within the team
- Additional duties as required, including projects, tutoring, and subbing
- This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid teaching license/certification with any state’s Department of Education with the required endorsement for the duration of employment.
- Highly Qualified in Subject Area
- Ability to complete and clear fingerprinting process to comply with state requirements
- Proficient in MS Office365
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with online teaching and supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Bachelor’s degree (for Grades 6-12)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
Salary: We anticipate the hourly pay range to be $11.54 to $28.96. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities