Marketing and Brand Strategist, Augmented Reality
Marketing and Brand Strategist, AR
Los Angeles, CA | Burlingame, CA | New York, NY | Remote, US
We are seeking a Marketing and Brand Strategist to join our AR marcom team. The Marketing and Brand Strategist is an integral role to the AR marcom team. They will be responsible for developing and defining AR brand and marketing strategy and creating integrated strategies to reflect where we are now and where we want to be in the future. Our ideal candidate will bring a combination of cultural curiosity around the trends shaping customer behaviors today and in the future; strategic vision and communication skills; and expertise applying creative thinking to business problems. They will have experience developing brand and communication strategies through analytical rigor, an understanding of consumer and market dynamics, brand and product knowledge and experience delivering effective marketing plans that breakthrough in culture. The ability to think creatively and back it up with data driven insights and measurement is key to success in this role. It will be critical that this person is able to unify teams around a strategic north star in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, dynamic environment built to move fast.
Marketing and Brand Strategist, AR Responsibilities
- Lead and develop global integrated brand strategies, craft value propositions, messaging frameworks, develop inspiring creative briefs that are all fueled from consumer and cultural insights.
- Identify and craft the right messages to reach our target audience across different media channels.
- Develop a deep understanding of our consumer personas, mindsets, attitudes, values and behaviors across products and industries.
- Partner with research and insights teams on programs to identify and measure long and medium-term brand value.
- Ensure brand and campaign messaging is translated across different dimensions including naming, design, creative, media and experience.
- Collaborate closely with partners throughout the Reality Labs organization and across Meta, including Integrated and Digital marketing managers, Marketing Insights, Analytics, Product Marketing, Creative, Media, and International Marketing to deliver campaign strategy.
- Partner with external agencies, to define communication plans, briefs, message strategy, and frameworks and guide differentiated storytelling.
- Present to marketing leadership, cross functional leadership, and Product leadership team.
- Create and identify brand strategies that not only drive interest and capture new customers, but sustain existing long term relationships.
- Analyze, monitor and report on the competitive landscape to determine where our brand and products fit over time, where to target consumers and how to have the greatest impact for our brand.
- 10+ years experience developing and driving insight-fueled marketing brand strategies and plans at a consumer brand.
- Experience composing inspiring and innovative creative briefs.
- A portfolio of work that showcases your storytelling experience and campaign results.
- Experience with both strategic planning and creative development, and experience diving into research and insights, as well as thinking quickly and testing new ideas.
- Experience working in highly-cross functional and complex organizations, collaborating with creative, research, measurement and marketing channels counterparts, where influence as well as direct responsibility matter in equal measure.
- Experience simplifying complex information into consumer narratives, with storytelling prowess.
- Expertise in interpreting and deciphering quantitative and qualitative data and distilling the insights to unlock creative marketing platforms and programs.
- Experience accurately prioritizing and ensuring key initiatives move forward, managing multiple campaigns at the same time, and working with many different internal and external teams to ensure programs launch.
- Experience in consumer product categories and brands such as consumer technology, AR/VR technologies, or culture driven brands.
- Experience in delivering global culturally driven consumer centric marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working for a developing or emerging brand with multiple products
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible todaybeyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $188,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)