Full-Time Market Administrative Specialist ($35k to $80k)
Market Administrative Spec
Location: Saint Louis, MO, US, 63101
Salary Range: $35,000 – $80,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Independence, MO or this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Independence, MO this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years of administrative support experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of correspondence on own initiative from drafts or verbal instruction, such as memos, letters, articles, reports, proposals, charts, etc.; prepares and processes routine forms, documents, requisitions, purchase orders, transmittal forms, etc., following standard procedures, and responds to inquiries
- Acts as Market Office contact receiving visitors, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls, places calls, receives visitors, arranges appointments and maintains a calendar; coordinates travel arrangements and meetings; prepares agendas and materials for presentations; takes and prepared meeting minutes; distributes incoming mail, faxes, and other communications
- Maintains inventory levels of office supplies and initiates purchase orders as necessary; reconciles invoices and maintains current expense and balance records against budgeted dollars; provides administrative assistance to the management team by compiling data and developing the department’s budget; submits travel and other expenses for payment or reimbursement
- Maintains effective and accurate filing systems that provide a quick reference database of records, including but not limited to, staff personnel records, time sheets, statistical and financial reports that show the department’s accomplishments, productivity levels, operating cost, etc.; releases information according to company policies and procedures; audits files at specific intervals to identify and purge outdated or unnecessary items, and ensures confidentiality of records
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $35,000 – $80,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
64 total views, 1 today