DECEMBER 2022 | REMOTE, USA
Development Guild DDI is a leading consulting firm working exclusively with non-profits and mission-driven organizations, such as Pine Street Inn, National Audubon Society, and the Learning Center for the Deaf. More clients listed here: https://www.developmentguild.com/clients/
As our Managing Editor, you’ll represent the voice of the firm, putting together an editorial vision and content strategy across all of our channels, and leading events daily to build content that fulfills that vision. You will define the programming agenda (e.g. homelessness, education, jobs, the environment, etc.) in service of building a public resource, growing our audience, and marketing our professional services. You will be given access to some remarkable tools we’ve built to achieve your goals. This is a full-time remote position, to work with an all-remote team. The Managing Editor reports directly to the CEO. Salary range for this position is $100,000 $180,000 along with a complete package of benefits.
Open to US-based applicants with Senior to C-Level experience.
- Voice of the Firm editorial strategy, tone and programming across all channels (Online Events, Social Media, Conferences, Home Page, Blog, etc)
- Create content calendar with compelling topics, guests and programming that generates an engaged and growing audience
- Produce online events daily to collectively tackle policy and public issues, expand viewership, and serve clients
- Manage and develop a bench of Producers and Moderators to lead events
- Collaborate with marketing, engineering, operations and consulting branches of firm to fully understand the business and to incorporate that into the content strategy
- Highly innovative, excited to explore brand new territory and embrace new technologies
- Previous Senior to C-Level experience in editorial and managerial roles
- Leader, go-getter with hands-on attitude, desire to make impact
- Ability to clearly write and articulate complex concepts in simple terms
- Self-confidence, can make quick decisions
- Collaborative, works with team daily
- Podcast hosting or live moderation experience
- Experience publishing to social (TikTok, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience in the publishing industry
- Experience in the tech industry
- Experience with consulting firms
Development Guild is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.