Lead Writer, Afterpay CRM Content
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Brand Studio team is looking for an experienced writer to lead content on Afterpay’s CRM marketing channels. You have a passion for generating brand proud narratives, a thorough understanding of performance driven copy and want to break the mold for content in a tech space. You will marry your expert writing craft with a zeal for developing content strategies that drive engagement and sales and inspire our customer to take action. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences payments and money.
Our CRM channels toe the line between educational and aspirational. Our humor is self-aware and sassy and we aim to blast the unexpected out into the ether. If you can speak our language, join us.
This role reports to the Creative Director of Content.
In this role, you will:
- Adopt, deepen, and expand the voice of our brand though CRM marketing channels (push, email, site, app) covering commerce, growth & lifecycle, product marketing and brand content
- Consider the lens of our customer mindset and audiences through all narratives
- Work closely with stakeholders to generate compelling, high-performing experiences that win the attention of potential customers and retain the loyalty of current customers
- Pitch and iterate on ideas, help shape a larger vision for our branded content channels, and refine the creative process
- Deliver fresh, compelling, informed product forward messaging frameworks that ladder back to business strategies and priorities
- Craft late-breaking, channel-specific comms that react to cultural moments
- Manage and inspire a team of best-in-class writers
- Form fluid relationships with other brand a product writing teams across a multi-faceted organization
- Collaborate closely with designers to conceive, build out and revise ambitious, platform-transcending work
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations
- 10+ years of experience working on digital marketing for a brand or tech company
- 5+ years managing and mentoring a creative team
- Demonstrated experience driving best-in-class creative that performs on multiple channels
- Comfortability iterating on a wide range of ideas, considering multiple audiences and channels
- Ability to execute against marketing briefs, and develop thoughtful creative briefs
- Ability to take data and insights to inform content strategy and copy
- An authentic enthusiasm for the product, shopping, culture and finance
- A playful and adaptable writing voice, keen sense of humor, and passion for the craft
- Attention to detail, strategic and conceptual thinking, and creativity and instincts for storytelling
- An openness to giving and receiving feedback, and sharing creative work with the team and different business stakeholders
- Ability to embrace working environments that require agility and are predominantly remote
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 – USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 – USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 – USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 – USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.