Full-Time Lead Trending Topics Editor
Title: Lead Trending Topics Editor
Location: Anywhere (remote)
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across over a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and a high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
You will lead a team of editors and writers, as well as spearhead our strategy when it comes to trending topics content on FinanceBuzz. You must be as interested in data and performance as you are in crafting high-quality content. You should be able to take a big picture view, but also enjoy getting into the weeds. You are chock full of article ideas and have a knack for writing headlines. You will use social media, news websites, and other tools to identify content opportunities on a daily or even hourly basis. You know what people are talking about each day and can translate those topics into stories with a personal finance angle.
To be successful you’ll execute at lightning-speed so trending topics are never missed and you are not daunted by high-volume production. You thrive in a fast-paced, newsroom-style content creation process where you’ll be assigning a story, editing, and publishing it in a few hours time. You take pride in your ability to write and edit very well and very quickly. You should be familiar with content syndication and the relevant platforms such as MSN, Yahoo, Apple News, Newsbreak, and more. You will be the final say on which stories get published each day and must be experienced in putting together an editorial calendar.
You should be passionate about managing people and an expert at creating efficient workflows. You will be mentoring editors and writers, both in-house and freelance. You should also be open-minded about the involvement of AI in content creation.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Growing our audience and revenue across our syndication partner platforms
- Managing a small team in publishing 25+ stories per day while also editing your own daily stories
- Ensuring content is accurate and presented in a way that’s optimized for clicks and revenue
- Demonstrating strong editorial judgment and topical expertise across personal finance topics
- Identifying trends and newsworthy hooks that will increase content views on our syndication partner platforms
- Monitoring analytics to make strategic decisions on what content to create or optimize
- Creating and relentlessly refining workflows, processes, and documentation
- Working closely with writers to help them deliver their best work through constructive feedback and mentoring
- Ensuring all content adheres to our style, sourcing, and compliance guidelines
- Growing and fostering the FinanceBuzz brand as a top destination for personal finance information and education
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 5+ years of experience in a digital editor role
- Expertise in creating content for syndication platforms like Apple News, MSN, and Yahoo
- Expertise in personal finance topics
- An agile mindset and entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- An ability to work and problem solve independently
- A clear understanding of content analytics and strategy
- Experience managing teams and inspiring teammates
- Experience using a CMS to build online content, including basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and Asana (or similar)
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
Since day one, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.