BrowserStack is the industry-leading, cloud web and mobile testing platform that enables developers to test their websites across various browsers on different operating systems and mobile devices. 45,000+ customers rely on BrowserStack to deliver quality products and services at scale, and over 4 Million developers and test engineers test for companies around the world, including Google, Twitter, Microsoft, Oracle, MasterCard, and Barclays.
BrowserStack was founded by Ritesh Arora and Nakul Aggarwal in 2011 with the vision to build the testing infrastructure for the internet. We recently secured $200 million in Series B funding at a $4 billion valuation. The round was led by BOND, with participation from Insight Partners and existing investor Accel.
We have also recently announced that we would be a remote-first company, with a presence in India, USA and Ireland.
BrowserStack is also a Great Place to Work certified company. With its employee-centric approach, BrowserStack has fostered a strong culture that values openness, collaboration, ownership, and ambitiousness.
Lead Technical Writer at BrowserStack
- Builds high-quality, rich technical content in easy-to-understand plain, clear and simple language.
- Develops a solid understanding of the product to try, code, test out and also simulate user’s behavior in the courses.
- Works with design, product, and engineering team to create great documentation for all BrowserStack products
- Translates technical content requirements into a roadmap and drives the execution from scratch.
- Don’t shy away from setting up the IDEs and debugging a few lines of the code.
- Work with SMEs to come up with educational content, assignments, assessments, exercises, and MCQs.
- Understand the LMS workflow to upload,modify, and ensure the quality of course content.
- Mentor technical writers and act as a peer reviewer helping writers understand nuances of the style guide and content flow.
- Be comfortable with handling shifting priorities and pivoting when required.
- Review content in terms of logical flow and completeness of document.
- Have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- 3-6 years of experience in building technical documentation, API documents, or creating educational content in technology companies.
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture.
- Experience writing, editing, researching, and planning software documentation.
- Sound knowledge of version control (Git), software development lifecycle, DevOps(Jenkins), and testing practices.
- Comfortable with IDE’s(VScode), APIs, programming languages(any) to understand the concepts and convert to user understandable formats.
- Experience using the Linux shell
- Can read and understand code in one language, use Google and whip up code samples in other languages.
- Be a team player – work with our world-class engineers and designers to come up with creative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
We believe in direct ownership of ideas and responsibilities in an environment where you get to learn a wide array of bleeding-edge skills. We’re looking for talented, passionate and creative people, willing to give their 100 percent to building a high-class web product.
In exchange, we’ll provide you with some fantastic perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days paid vacation per year
- Remote First policy
- Medical insurance