Full-Time Lead Marketing Copywriter
Our Ideal Copywriter
- Has experience writing in the nutrition, fitness, or wellness space
- Is a compelling storyteller: Your words will empower people everywhere to engage with our product, content, and community—and feel confident that they, too, can live a happier, healthier life
- Writes conversationally in a way that connects emotionally and personally with users
- Always asks, “what’s in it for our members,” then writes accordingly
- Says more with less, and is a ruthless self-editor
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What You’ll Be Doing
- Interpret creative briefs and partner with design teammates, marketing managers, and other stakeholders to conceptualize and bring to life everything from one-off assets to full-blown campaigns
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action—for email, social, digital media ads, direct mail, video, and in-app messaging and upsell moments
- Consult brand, user, and SEO research to craft effective, targeted, benefit-driven messaging
- Provide copy feedback and guidance to contractors or jr. copywriters as needed
- Stay on top of trends through business/industry monitoring and outside resources
- Craft work that makes the technical feel human and authentic
- Maintain consistent brand voice and style across all touchpoints
- A/B test and tweak copy to increase CTR and conversion
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
- An online portfolio of stellar writing samples (must include social media)
- 5+ years of brand or agency copywriting experience, preferably in consumer digital marketing
- Degree in writing, English, journalism, communication, information design, or related
- Strategic, on-your-feet thinker who likes to solve problems, even when they aren’t fully defined
- Proactive communicator who thrives on a team, but works well solo
- Confident presenter who can effectively sell your work and rationale to stakeholders
- Eager to share ideas and solicit feedback from teammates, clients, and MyFitnessPal members
- Experience working within diverse cross-functional teams, including design, legal, product, and customer support
- Master multitasker who delivers high-quality copy on time, every time
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve operations, processes, and efficiency
- Strong interest in understanding the MyFitnessPal brand, our members, and their motivations
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio with stellar writing samples including social media (please include password)
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
- Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
- Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we’ve got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
- Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
- Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our _Unlimited Responsible Time Off _benefit.
- Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
- Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
- Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
- Wellness Comes First_:_ Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
- Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
- Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
- Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
- Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
- Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
- Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match. At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment. MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.