Lead Full Stack Engineer
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote US
Hum Capital is the funding platform that connects great companies with the right capital. Hum offers companies raising up to $50 million the most efficient, transparent path to growth. Hum’s Intelligent Capital Market uses AI to translate volumes of a company’s financial data into the clearest picture of their value, so they can fundraise with confidence, on the best terms for their business. Investors on Hum’s platform gain investment insights and a personalized deal flow built on company data they can trust. For more information, visit Hum Capital.
The company was founded by alumni from Stanford, Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), OakTree, Foursquare, NASA, Dojo, and more. The team has over 75 years of experience on Wall Street and Silicon Valley, and has helped companies raise more than $400 million in capital commitments to date.
As a Tech Lead Fullstack Engineer at Hum Capital, you’ll guide the team in building tools to make capital access more efficient and transparent for businesses across the world. You’ll work with a small team of designers and researchers to make intuitive, fast, and simple experiences for financial workflows currently dominated by spreadsheets, email, and PowerPoint. You have deep expertise in building software systems and teams, are technology agnostic, and know-how to ship and maintain software across the product development lifecycle.
Who you are:
- Someone who loves their craft and likes thinking in terms of system design
- Someone who likes to be a technical leader by example and through mentoring
- Someone who will inform architectural choices in how to best create experiences for companies and investors to connect and provide access to capital investments.
- Someone who is passionate about disrupting one of the oldest industries to enable access to capital more equitably to diverse and distributed entrepreneurs.
- Someone who is passionate about their craft, eager to learn but also mentor best practices.
- Software engineer with strong computer science fundamentals (undergraduate degree or equivalent)
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 5+ years experience working with Python or a similar language
- Experience designing and implementing APIs using a broad range of technologies
- You’ve shipped an end-to-end product and understand how to build high-quality software in a complex, fast-moving product environment.
- Experience in functional programming
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS
- Good eye for translating designs to code
- Strong communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience in React, Redux, and Sagas
- Experience in Hubspot, Salesforce
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Jenkins, Datadog, Hubspot, Salesforce
- Experience in Python – Flask, Pytest, Sqlalchemy, REST patterns
You must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Location: US Locations Only