Lead Full Stack Engineer
Title: Lead Full Stack Engineer – Buying Experience
Location: Remote, USA
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the Buying Experience Engineering group, we are making online purchasing as seamless and special as the rest of Stitch Fix experience. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will help shape the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients purchase items they love. You will also be responsible for planning, building, and maintaining features and software in support of that future. Your work will have a direct impact on the user journeys and capabilities of our purchase, order, and item return flows.
Silos are for wheat, so you won’t work alone. Building valuable and sustainable software is a group activity. You will work within a distributed team of 6-8 software engineers and cross-functional partners including product, design, algorithms, etc. You’re expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners. You will need to know when and how to listen to, influence, coach, share with, advocate to, and lead others.
This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across multiple time zones. We welcome people from all backgrounds: self-taught, bootcamp grads, history majors, consultants, parents, computer scientists, athletes, musicians, oxford comma proponents, and more. We build modern software with modern techniques like continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team – leading meetings, attending ceremonies, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution, etc.
- Collaborating with stakeholders while leading the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of complex and/or critical projects within the team or across multiple engineering teams.
- Model consistently delivering sustainable results against measurable goals.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, timely feedback, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- Actively invest in the professional development and career growth of your teammates and peers.
- Finding new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Influencing other engineers toward right-sized solutions.
- Participating in on-call rotations and improving the on-call experience for others.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience with running modern web stacks (e.g. Node, React, Ruby on Rails, Golang, Postgres, GraphQL, Redis, Kafka).
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- Might have experience working remotely alongside a distributed software engineering team.
- Might have experience with GraphQL schema design.
- Might have experience with evolving a resilient distributed service architecture.
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES…
- GraphQL and Postgres
- Ruby on Rails and some Node.js
- RabbitMQ and Kafka
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE…
- Are a group of bright, kind, and goal-oriented people
- Operate with a client-focused mindset
- Are a successful, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Get to be creative every day
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- Fully support remote work
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.