Full-Time Junior Visual Designer
Junior Visual Designer
Roadie, a UPS Company, is a crowdsourced delivery platform. Founded in 2014, Roadie works with consumers, small businesses and enterprises to enable scheduled, same-day and urgent delivery in passenger vehicles across the U.S. With more than 200,000 drivers nationwide, Roadie reaches more than 20,000 zip codes the largest local same-day delivery network in the nation.
At Roadie, our Junior Visual Designers have a rich understanding of the business needs and enjoy translating them into engaging, well-designed digital, print and multimedia assets that meet the needs of the project and the Roadie brand. We aim to deliver great work that’s thoughtful and engaging no matter who the audience is.
Our small but mighty Creative team works in close collaboration to produce and direct a myriad of projects for our marketing, communications, social media, web presence, product and sales teams.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and fellow designers to translate business requirements into user-centric, on-brand design requirements
- Act as a steward of the brand; advocating for consistency of voice, tone and visual identity across all customer-facing touchpoints
- Communicate design rationale to business audiences, and effectively present work by mapping design decisions to brand guidelines and business goals (equally) on every project.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively to execute design projects on time, on budget and on strategy; Estimate scope and duration of work and proactively track and report status daily/weekly as needed
- Assist Sr. Visual Designer in preparing files for production, checking files for adherence to specs (dimensions, color space, etc.), sending to production and monitoring production schedule as needed
- Work with outside vendors to estimate services, spec materials, and maintain healthy communications.
- Execute on a variety of projects from digital (graphic assets for video, email, landing pages, web ads) to print (sales collateral, training materials, promo items)
The Tools You’ll Use
- Adobe Creative Suite for Mac with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Google Business apps and / or MS Office for document and slideware
- Bonus skills: Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, Sketch, Figma, HTML/CSS, illustration, animation
What You Bring
- 2+ years experience as a graphic or visual designer, preferably as part of a fast-paced, collaborative team
- A solid portfolio with examples of both print and digital work
- Knowledge of current digital design trends; natural curiosity and commitment to learning new skills and concepts
- An eye for detail and an obsession with pixel-perfection
- Solid problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, technology-centric environment
- Strong interest in digital, mobile, social technology is preferred
- You’re a good communicator, able to speak to your design choices clearly while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor
- You’re scrappy, curious, empathetic, and a genuinely good human
- Competitive compensation packages
- 100% covered health insurance premiums for yourself
- 401k with company match
- Tuition and student loan repayment assistance (that’s right – Roadie will contribute directly to your existing student loans!)
- Flexible work schedule with unlimited PTO
- Monthly 3-day weekends
- Monthly WFH stipend
- The technology you need to get the job done
42 total views, 1 today