Full-Time Junior QA Support Engineer ($60k to $80k)
Title: Jr. QA Support Engineer
Frequence is an ad tech platform for media companies that connects all aspects of digital advertising sales, operations, and reporting from beginning to end. Our software makes selling local advertising scalable and provides users with an all-in-one platform that drives campaign performance.
Our trailblazing technology is always growing, and so are we. We push ourselves further with our belief in collaboration, execution, and ownership. We don’t just want to create intuitive AdTech tools we want to foster a culture of openness and inclusivity that encourages our employees to think bigger and grow higher. Step into the future with us.
As the Junior QA Support Engineer, you will understand the product requirements of the platform, collaborating with the Business Team and Development Team to make sure issues are resolved in a timely fashion. You should have a passion for finding and analyzing defects through the development of thoughtful test strategies and procedures. Your intuition for where to look for defects manually is an important asset to the team.
What You Will Do:
- Understand, analyze, and resolve technical defects raised by internal and external users of Frequence platform
- Understand database structure and write complex database queries using joins and aggregations to analyze and fix database related issues
- Communicate with stakeholders for timely updates on the status of resolution around issues
- Develop an in-depth level of knowledge of the platform and supported features
- Own and execute the testing and release of key features that are time-critical
- Respond to clients in a timely manner to adhere to the client SLAs
- Manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
Who You Are:
- Expert in understanding Database Table Structures and relationships
- Love to read and write database queries to analyze user issues
- 1+ years of professional experience writing complex database queries using SQL or SQL tools like Toad, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other technical degree
- Presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Humble attitude with a thirst for learning
- Strong sense of urgency
Nice to Have:
- Eagerness to take ownership
- AWS Athena experience
- Able to read code and debug issues in the code
The base salary range represents the minimum and maximum of the salary range for this position based on the primary location. The salary for this role is $60,000 – $80,000. Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competency, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
We support each member of the Frequence team with a comprehensive employee benefits package including health and well-being benefits, retirement contributions, 401(k) savings plan, and much more. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This position requires candidates to be physically located in the following timezone(s): Pacific Standard Time (PST) or Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Frequence is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work.
Our people-first culture and distinctive mission set us apart from others in the industry. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team. We’re approachable, inclusive, and encourage open dialogue within our community. This is a place where your voice matters. Join us and let’s see what we can build together.
Some of the industry-leading benefits we offer include:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options and retirement plans
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term disability, Long-term disability, & Life insurance
- Flexible PTO and remote work options
- And more
Frequence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Frequence, Inc. we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Frequence, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.